Bounty Discovery from Auckland in Jan 2012 - is this a good time to go & other querys

tgould

Hi There

I have been reading this forum for a while now, thanks for all the tips, information and jokes :)

I am inspired to take a cruise by my sister, and am thinking about Jan 2012. I know its far away but I want enough time to plan & save.

However I read recently that this is considered rainy/ cyclone season in this area (new caledonia, Vanuatu) so i am worried about the weather and would appreciate advise from someone who has been there this time of the year.

Also, it is a good idea to book this far ahead? My sis reckons that I should wait till a few months out as the price comes down the closer the sail date gets. But this is a 10 day cruise on the new Pacific Pearl so will it come down much?

Thanks in advance!

Hi There

I have been reading this forum for a while now, thanks for all the tips, information and jokes :)

I am inspired to take a cruise by my sister, and am thinking about Jan 2012. I know its far away but I want enough time to plan & save.

However I read recently that this is considered rainy/ cyclone season in this area (new caledonia, Vanuatu) so i am worried about the weather and would appreciate advise from someone who has been there this time of the year.

Also, it is a good idea to book this far ahead? My sis reckons that I should wait till a few months out as the price comes down the closer the sail date gets. But this is a 10 day cruise on the new Pacific Pearl so will it come down much?

Thanks in advance!

Actually it is not very far away,

We booked for our Indonesia cruise from Perth in August, we don't sail until Next August 30th

Much of the cruise is already booked out.

If you want a good price and cabin selection -Book now.

It is the best way and only way for me to pay our cruises off.

We always like to book near the laundry.

I was looking at a Tasmania Cruise from Sydney- March 1st 2012 and already many cabins have sold.

I looked up cabin selections and most of my choices were gone.

Hubby is not keen though- we probably will go to Tassie at a later date- using timeshare but I'd much prefer to cruise.

However, he is trying to wean me from my addiction to book a cruise every year.

You can go into various internet cruise Travel agent sites and they will show how many are left of various categories - some categories at cheaper prices can be sold.

Go into P&O site and look at deck plans and go as far as making a booking and you will get a price.

On the website change from Australia to NZ website.

Prices might drop closer to time but choice is unlikely to be great,

Cruises from Auckland are popular especially in holiday period.

Note also that if you have kids they limit the number of kids taken on board to keep a balance

Archived