NCL Pearl Questions

NoName

Hi,

I have sailed NCL numerous times, but haven't sailed on NCL in well over a year. I am all set to sail on the Pearl this month!

My last cruise, earlier this year was on Costa. On Costa they were taking your hair straighteners, said it was a fire hazard! I hide mine all cruise b/c I can't go on vacation without it. So, does NCL still allow hair straighteners?

Also, I remember before that they provide shampoo, but nothing else (conditioner, body lotion etc). Is that still correct?

Finally, I have on board credit. Can on board credit be used towards your auto service charge?

Thanks for any help!

Kim

Hi,

I have sailed NCL numerous times, but haven't sailed on NCL in well over a year. I am all set to sail on the Pearl this month!

My last cruise, earlier this year was on Costa. On Costa they were taking your hair straighteners, said it was a fire hazard! I hide mine all cruise b/c I can't go on vacation without it. So, does NCL still allow hair straighteners?

Also, I remember before that they provide shampoo, but nothing else (conditioner, body lotion etc). Is that still correct?

Finally, I have on board credit. Can on board credit be used towards your auto service charge?

Thanks for any help!

Kim

If you are in a regular cabin, yes they only provide shampoo. In a penthouse, we got conditioner, body lotion, shampoo and body gel.

The body gel is in the dispenser in the shower. The shampoo is a shampoo/conditioner combo in the dispenser in the shower. We had body lotion. We are always in a balcony (except for the Majesty). I can't answer about the hair straightener.

Thanks for the answers so far. Anyone know about the hair straightener?

Kim

Last year on the pearl the bag with my wife's straightener was held in the naughty room. We went down and showed them it wasn't a clothes iron and then back to the cabin with the straightener.

I've never had hair straighteners confiscated but our last NCL cruise was a year ago.

We're off this weekend so I hope nothing has changed.

Otherwise, I'll be easily recognisable on the cruise as I'll be walking around looking as though I've stuck my finger in an electric socket. ;) (salt water and humidity are not a good combination).

Last year on the pearl the bag with my wife's straightener was held in the naughty room. We went down and showed them it wasn't a clothes iron and then back to the cabin with the straightener.

To avoid any posibility of needing to go to the naughty room, OP would be well served by packing the hair straightener in a carry-on bag, after checking with NCL and verifying that it's OK to bring.

I brought my curling iron in my carry-on when we cruised on the Pearl in May....this way if they wanted to question it they can question it on the spot and I wouldn't have to have my bags held up in the naughty room...no problems bringing it on board. They didn't even question it.

We had a balcony room which provided the shampoo and body wash dispenser in the shower and a little basket of items, like a razor, body lotion...not sure what else was in...but a nice gesture.

As far as OBC, as garycarla said, your OBC is all one account including the service charge, so whatever is on your account, that is just credit, towards the whole account!

For our last 3 months we bought OBC, alittle at a time to put on our account, so it wouldn't be such a big bill in the end.....not everyone likes giving $$ in advance...I don't mind, sure beats a BIG bill at the end!

how do you buy OBC? thanks

I like to call and purchase them via an NCL rep. or you can go to ncl.com and fax over your request via the Bon Voyage site...there is a PDF form there with a fax number.

I'm not sure if there is a special number for purchasing Bon Voyage gifts. I didn't see one on the site....Just call your rep or I just call the 800 number and tell them I would like to purchase On Board Credit and usually the person who answers does it for me. Just be sure to ask for an emailed receipt. (It's called an Amenity receipt, or something like that)

I have read people who do it via fax takes a little longer for it to show up...so if your cruise is coming up soon, I would do it via the phone.

Archived