valentines day aboard (sea day) what to expect

wannatan

We will be onboard the Sea Princess for valentines day 2011. Can anyone tell me if Princess goes to town so to say for this. We will have a sea day for the 14th Feb, so are very interested to find out if gala dinner or something special is done to celebrate.

We were, but not on Princess. I'm sure they will do something special though. We have celebrated other holidays on Princess and they always make it fun. I'm sure they will have some decorations up and perhaps something special at dinner. You can always order the Love Boat Dream - it is shaped like a heart!

I have been on a Valentine's cruise on Royal Caribbean. They did a Valentine's dance with a live band which was pretty cool and had some decorations up around the ship. I would imagine something similar would be done by Princess. Enjoy!

I have been on Princess on Valentines Day. Mind you, this was in 1999, so it's been a while. They did make a big deal out of it. That was a formal night, IIRC. Lots of pink, white and red decorations. I couldn't tell you if they still make as big of a deal of it today as they did back then.

We will be onboard the Sea Princess for valentines day 2011. Can anyone tell me if Princess goes to town so to say for this. We will have a sea day for the 14th Feb, so are very interested to find out if gala dinner or something special is done to celebrate.

DH and I have been onboard Princess for a couple of Valentine's Days and they are always so special. :)

You will find their "Romantic Day At Sea" everywhere onboard, from poems in the Patter, couple specials at the Lotus Spa, special cocktails and menu items in the dining room.

The florist onboard will be working overtime so be sure to order early so your love won't be shut out of a lovely floral arrangement. ;)

The best way to make the day special is to participate in the Vow Renewal in the Atrium overseen by the Captain - it's a group renewal with everyone all dressed up. Very festive, there is usually dancing in the atrium right after.

We did the renewal of vows on the Golden to Hawaii in Feb. 2009. It was a daytime event, not evening. And if you signed up for it in advance at the purser's desk, you received a nice certificate signed by the Captain to take home with you. Everyone just gathered in the atrium area on the stairs, and different decks of the atrium and repeated the vows said by the Captain. It was quite nice.

There was also a huge display of Valentine cakes on deck five of the atrium with a balloon arch two stories high. They call it the Love Boat, you know!:)

Hi Wanatan.. we are on the same cruise. Fly out of Newcastle on the 7th February :):)

Hi t200she...

We fly out from gatwick, 4 of us myself, husband and Daughter and her boyfriend.

Looking forward to it but first got to pay!!!!!!!!!

Are you a seasoned Princess cruiser?

This is my second and my daughters first

We were on Princess twice for Valentine's Day. The first one, we took part in a mass renewal of vows in the Atrium. Lots of balloons and smiles and fun.

On Sea Princess in 2007 we purchased a special package that initially seemed expensive but was worth every dollar. Karen did not know I did this, so the surprise added to the fun. You get a bottle of bubbly delivered to your room, you get him and her flowers for a private ceremony officiated by the Captain in his quarters. You get a framed photo and there are other photo opps and you also get a tour of the bridge. We met a bunch of Canadians on the cruise and they all did it, too. Then we all got together to drink our bubbly. We were in the Atrium when the mass renewal was done, so we did it in public, too.

What a wonderful, memorable day! We would do it again without any hesitation.

Jim

We have been on Princess on Valentine's Day 2006, 2007 2008 and 2009. The attrium is decorated and depending on when it falls it might be a formal night. Last year we attended a mass renwal of wedding vows ceremony in the attrium. Being the macho guy I am, I thought it was going to be hokey but seeing all the couples who were married for more years than our 33 and reciting the vows again to my bride, I began to cry. It was a Princess moment I'll never forget.

Archived