A few questions regarding AA VS PG!

K3nn7

K3...Yes, those of us in steerage do interact to a semi-modest degree. Rumour has it that unabashed laughter has been heard from tables in Britannia.:eek:

Glad to hear you don't interact with anyone lower than PG.

Happy sails to you,

Salacia

I also heard you people were tendered to the ship in order not to pollute the gangway to us HIGH class upper society passengers, can you confirm that? :p

Glad to hear you don't interact with anyone lower than PG.

Salacia

I can visualise K3nn7 throwing scones (with clotted cream) at the Britannia passengers from the Grills deck area. I thought the scone-throwing was a myth, but I am not so sure now.

I can visualise K3nn7 throwing scones (with clotted cream) at the Britannia passengers from the Grills deck area. I thought the scone-throwing was a myth, but I am not so sure now.

I think most people realized it's no myth, because at afternoon tea time, there are no steerage passengers to be seen neither above or below the Grills deck :(

If my calculations are correct, approximately 85% of the passengers on any given QM2 voyage are booked in Britannia Category.

That sounds about right. I wonder if Cunard make more money from the 85% of guests that are in Britannia or the 25% of guests that are in the Grills?

That sounds about right. I wonder if Cunard make more money from the 85% of guests that are in Britannia or the 25% of guests that are in the Grills?

Not to be pedantic but 85 and 25 equal 110, It should be 15% but it is late in Australia so we will leave it there. :)

Noting the comments below in this thread - may we have the official definition of "old" please????

- just so we know where we stand (or have to sit!)

D

"And they didn't appear to be as old as some have tried to make out!"

"You guys tought there is only old people in QG/PG? "

"Frankly, 99% of the passengers on the World Cruise are old - (but not that there is anything wrong with that). "

Availability is good if you are looking at the Nov 10, 2011 crossing.

I think the issue here is that you were miss-quoted.

Well, i'm gonna conclude my hopes of a trip on the 10th of november next year with the fact that the prices in my brochure was a misprint... Seems like 2011 should have been 2010. If something seems too good to be the truth, it probably is :(

• 2 weeks later...
Whenever I was in the Queens Grill Lounge I could not distinguish between the Princess and Queens Grill guests.

Ah, but we can distinguish you! :D

I would liken the difference between PG and QG as roughly equivalent to the difference between flying Business class and flying in First. If Business class is all you know, it seems great. However, once you have a true First class experience, then there truly is no comparison. And no going back.

Broadly speaking, the PG guest will be the mid-level to upper level corporate manager, whilst the QG guest will own the company. (Unless they are upgraded, an unhappy practice that is becoming all too common.)

As for age, I would bet a fortune that the average age in the Grills is 10 years younger than in Britannia. We are 38 and 49, happily retired, and have never felt like we were traveling with our grandparents whilst in the Queens Grill. I cannot claim the same for when we venture out to the rest of the ship.

Rant over. :)

...Broadly speaking, the PG guest will be the mid-level to upper level corporate manager, whilst the QG guest will own the company. (Unless they are upgraded, an unhappy practice that is becoming all too common.)...

If no paying passenger received an upgrade, who would pay for all you "guests" in the frill suits?:D

BTW, Kiltboys, "whilst the QG guest will own the company", don't be too sure that the Britannia passenger doesn't own the corporation. ;)

Ah, but we can distinguish you! :D

Is that because we're younger and still have slim waists? :D

As for age, I would bet a fortune that the average age in the Grills is 10 years younger than in Britannia. We are 38 and 49, happily retired, and have never felt like we were traveling with our grandparents whilst in the Queens Grill. I cannot claim the same for when we venture out to the rest of the ship.

You make an interesting point. I'd agree with your observations - the crowd in the PG, and in the Queens Grill Lounge, was certainly younger (on average) that the rest of the ship. Or so it seemed to us.

Archived