"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 9 of "LIVE" from the Enchantment of the Seas.

Sorry I wasn't able to post earlier. . . I couldn't get a connection anywhere. I still can't get one on my laptop, so I am reporting from the Internet Cafe on Deck 8. (Royal Caribbean On-Line)

We are currently about 100 miles SE of Harkers Island, NC and and the ship rocked very heavy last night. It has been the worst rolling we have seen on this trip.

There were only an handfull of people in the MDR this morning, as Room Service has said that this has been the busiest day so far this cruise.

I have a Bridge Tour this morning at 10:15AM, a Backstage Tour at 11, and a Private Galley tour at 12:15. . .

Once we get into the Chesapeake Bay later tonight, the seas will be calm once again, and my Internet will be much faster !

I am really looking forward to stopping at Starbucks before I get home tomorrow. . .

Tour pics wil be posted later today (Hopefully)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio, we haven't sailed RCCL for a while but was wondering for the Bridge and Galley Tour are they open to everyone and is there a charge? DH said last night that he would love to do a tour on our upcoming cruise on the Enchantment.

Great review as always.

Radio,

I love your "live" reports from the Enchantment. We took the Enchantment to NE/Canada in October on our one and only cruise. Your pictures of the ship and ports are great. We also had rough seas on our last day...ugh!

Thank you so much for your enjoyable reports!

Radio :)

Enjoy your last day of the cruise and especially those fantastic tours of the ship have booked!

Thanks so much for your LIVE reports - it has been great cruising with you again! One day we will have to get on the same ship :D

I am leaving for Port Canaveral tomorrow morning - hoping for smooth seas and sunny skies :)

Radio, we haven't sailed RCCL for a while but was wondering for the Bridge and Galley Tour are they open to everyone and is there a charge? DH said last night that he would love to do a tour on our upcoming cruise on the Enchantment.

Great review as always.

Bridge, Galley and Behind the Scene tours are usually only offered to D+ Members on board. I believe that the same tours are offered to Suite guests as well.

If you and your husband would like to be included, I would suggest that you go and see the Loyalty Ambassador on board early on in the cruise as this is the person that sends out the invitations to the D+ Members. Never hurts to ask.:)

The last few cruises on various ships we have seen galley and backstage tours listed in the Compass for all. Bridge tours are by invitation only and ususally only for D+ members. Our last 2 cruises in a suite, we were not invited as suite members, only as D+ members. I'm sure this varies by ship, however.

Bridge, Galley and Behind the Scene tours are usually only offered to D+ Members on board. I believe that the same tours are offered to Suite guests as well.

If you and your husband would like to be included, I would suggest that you go and see the Loyalty Ambassador on board early on in the cruise as this is the person that sends out the invitations to the D+ Members. Never hurts to ask.:)

Thanks so much for the info. :D

Thank you so much for the awesome pics and nuggets of info; family and I are scheduled to be on this beautiful ship in June - I don't know if I can wait now! It looks like we missed the "new" balcony rooms by one room, do you think the older rooms have been refurbished and kept up well? If possible, could you include a photo of the exercise area? Did you find the shows to be crowded? That is one complaint I have heard from some people about the Enchantment. And thank you for the heads up about the coffee - I too love my java - will be sure to put this on my to do list to buy some. Thank you again for all your time put into this - it is very appreciated! Enjoy your last evening!

Hello everyone. . . We are working our way up the east coast, and the portion of the trip (Florida to Current position) might be one of the roughest transits I have ever been on. . .

There were 2 passengers who got sick up on the Bridge Tour, and plates, silverware, cups, glasses an fixtures were flying up in the Windjammer. The rolling has been unbelievable.

We still have about 8 hours to go before we will be in the protected waters of the Chesapeake Bay. I am sure that all passengers will be happy about that !

I was able to have a very nice Bridge Tour, and Galley Tour. The Backstage Theater Tour was held without going backstage because of the pitching and rolling (30-35 ft seas)

Captain Ban gave the Bridge Tour, and I was surprised. Usually the 1st Officer or 2nd Officer give the Tour. The Captain was very friendly, and gave details about the Bridge controls, and his Navigation Staff.He introduced one of the Officers, but the Captain seemed to talk the most !

The motion on the bridge was extreme, but the Captain was confident that Enchantment of the Seas , or any Vision Class ship would be the Ship to sail on if you had to be in very rough seas. . .

The Farewell Show, and Dinner should be an experience. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The water has been very rough today. . .

FF1.JPG

Passenger count on the Bridge.

FF2.JPG

It looks so calm and serene from the Bridge. . .but it feels much different.

FF3.JPG

A view of the Starboard Bridge Wing. . .

FF4.JPG

Captain Ban calls this area “The Bridge Coffee Relaxation Corner”

FF5.JPG

Captain Srecko Ban and your intrepid Cruise Critic Reporter. . .

FF7.JPG

Thank you so much for the awesome pics and nuggets of info; family and I are scheduled to be on this beautiful ship in June - I don't know if I can wait now! It looks like we missed the "new" balcony rooms by one room, do you think the older rooms have been refurbished and kept up well? If possible, could you include a photo of the exercise area? Did you find the shows to be crowded? That is one complaint I have heard from some people about the Enchantment. And thank you for the heads up about the coffee - I too love my java - will be sure to put this on my to do list to buy some. Thank you again for all your time put into this - it is very appreciated! Enjoy your last evening!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . My Cabin is not one of the new ones, but they have upgraded with a new Sofa, and Balcony furniture.

The production shows seem to draw the most crowds. . .If you want to have a seat, be sure to get there early. When I went to a couple of shows, there were alot of passengers standing (for the whole show). . .

I have several pics of the excersise area and will post them when I return. . .

I have lots and lots of photos I have not posted yet !:)

Radio

;);)

Radio :)

Enjoy your last day of the cruise and especially those fantastic tours of the ship have booked!

Thanks so much for your LIVE reports - it has been great cruising with you again! One day we will have to get on the same ship :D

I am leaving for Port Canaveral tomorrow morning - hoping for smooth seas and sunny skies :)

Have a GREAT Cruise, Robyn. . . You should post "LIVE"

Radio

;);)

Radio...sorry that you are having as rough an end to your cruise as was your beginning! One way or another, it will be over soon.:eek::rolleyes: Hope you can all hold on and find a way to enjoy your last hours aboard Enchantment. If you run close to the schedule we did, you will cross over the Bridge Tunnel at about 10:25PM. Hope it's all smooth sailing from there on home.;)

Walt fan...Main dinner seating is usually totally packed and second somewhat less so. Therefore, the shows geared to main seating are more crowded too. If you are concerned about this, consider eating later.

Radio,

Glad you made it through the rough seas ok. I hope Mrs. Radio did too. Deb has been filling me in about the emails you two have been swapping. We hope you have smooth seas for the rest of your time on the water.

Hello everyone. . . I tried to post erlier, but the WI-FI is down. . .and it is still down now. ARGH. . . @#$*#& No Laptop. . . I must use the Cafe.

Captain Ban made an announcement at 8PM to say that we lost a bit of time plowing through the rough sea conditions earlier today.

He suggested that we would be arriving late into port tomorrow. Our expected time of arrival is 9AM (normally 7AM)

We won't be picking up the Pilot from the Cape Henry Pilot Station until about 11:30PM, and we should be at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel by 12:30PM.

I will post if anything changes, and I wish I was sailing to Bermuda next week (LOL)

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Glad you made it through the rough seas ok. >SNIP< We hope you have smooth seas for the rest of your time on the water.

Yeah. . I am hoping for smooth seas too. . . They should be here by midnight !

Get a new PC Ken. . .:o

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . I tried to post erlier, but the WI-FI is down. . .and it is still down now. ARGH. . . @#$*#& No Laptop. . . I must use the Cafe.

Captain Ban made an announcement at 8PM to say that we lost a bit of time plowing through the rough sea conditions earlier today.

He suggested that we would be arriving late into port tomorrow. Our expected time of arrival is 9AM (normally 7AM)

We won't be picking up the Pilot from the Cape Henry Pilot Station until about 11:30PM, and we should be at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel by 12:30PM.

I will post if anything changes, and I wish I was sailing to Bermuda next week (LOL)

Radio

;);)

I bet that didn't go over well for people with early flights home.

Jimbo:)

I was wondering if you would lose some time. Your accounts reminded me of my trip down the coast on Grandeur in 2006. We were making as few as 12 mph in some of those waves, and we lost so much time we had to skip our first port of call altogether. We sailed right by Miami close to the time we had been scheduled to leave after spending the day there.

Theron

Archived