First Carnival Cruise!!!!

RCabpmills

My husband and I leave to go on the Triumph on Monday. We are so excited about our cruise! We have cruised Royal Caribbean many times and we are excited about trying something new.

Anyone loyal RC cruisers that cruised with Carnival? What were the differences?

PS...We are VERY excited to have our first balcony...very affordable on Carnival...YIPPEE!

We have cruised with Carnival 4 times and RC only once and we have had a ball on all of our cruises. We always travel during "school times" so very few children on any of our trips, but I know the average age on RC was much older than Carnival. The entertainment was equal. I think as far as the "look" of the ship RC is prettier. The food on Carnival in the MDR is far superior to RC's MDR. The price of Carnival can't be beat and since I had rather cruise often and have a balcony than stand and look at a pretty promenade we have stuck with Carnival.

Haven't cruise RCL in years as we can get a bigger cabin with a balcony on CCL for a better price. I'm sure you'll like Carnival and will enjoy your Cruise. And just think next year the Ecstasy and Conquest move to NOLA so you'll have two more Carnival ships to sail on! :) Here's to sunny skys and smooth seas for your cruise! :D

I found really no difference maybe the rooms are bigger on carnival. Try the warm chocolate melting cake if you are chocolate fan its delicious!!

Royal's boats just have more things like a rock wall, skating rink other than that i was perfectly satisified and found no real difference.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. While I prefer Royal Caribbean we have also sailed on Carnival. In fact we already have our cabin booked for The Magic, the first week she will leave from the Port of Galveston.

I have many friends who have not only sailed on the Triumphs they keep going back to sail on her again. So I am sure you will love her just as much as you love Royal Caribbean.

Oh :p welcome to the BS Club (BS as in Balcony Snob). Once you have sailed with a balcony it will be hard to go back to an ocean-view or interior cabin.

Have fun and don't forget to write your review when you come back home.

Everyone says get a cheap cabin because you don't spend much time

in your room. Well if you are in an inside cabin below the water line

then of course you won't spend much time there.

Once you have a balcony you can never go back to anything less.

Carnival does give you the most bang for your buck....

Have a great cruise...

My husband and I leave to go on the Triumph on Monday. We are so excited about our cruise! We have cruised Royal Caribbean many times and we are excited about trying something new.

PS...We are VERY excited to have our first balcony...very affordable on Carnival...YIPPEE!

I have only sailed w/ Carnival but I'm sure you will enjoy yourself! Try a Kiss on the lips and the melting cake and carbonara and biter and blanc and.... I could go on forever!

Please try the biter and blanc It is the best bread pudding I have ever eatten, and I never ate bread pudding!!:D

I found really no difference maybe the rooms are bigger on carnival. Try the warm chocolate melting cake if you are chocolate fan its delicious!!

Royal's boats just have more things like a rock wall, skating rink other than that i was perfectly satisified and found no real difference.

Agree almost 100%, other than the decor / lighting being a little prettier on RCI, you won't notice. It is like buying a TV at BestBuy. If they are not sitting next to each other while you stare at them you won't notice the difference. You'll like Triumph. I liked every single cruise I have been on, other than some port stops. Have fun !

Everyone says get a cheap cabin because you don't spend much time

in your room. Well if you are in an inside cabin below the water line

then of course you won't spend much time there.

Once you have a balcony you can never go back to anything less.

Carnival does give you the most bang for your buck....

Have a great cruise...

This is so true. I never used to get balconies and always said the very same thing. Once I got the balcony for the first time, it was balcony cabin or bust. Not to say I would snub my nose at a 1a if it was all I could handle for that particulaer cruise.

You will see that Balconies are the only way to go. The wife and I eat breakfast on our balcony each morning. I think you will find that you will spend more time in your room because of the balcony. Take a bungee cord with you to keep the door open at night. The sound of the waives crashing against the ship is a great way to fall asleep!

Hello and Welcome to CC!

We have sailed both lines and like both lines. Well, love cruising!

We have been sailing CCL more now due to pricing. I am the 1st to admit I did not think I would ever sail CCL but SO glad I opened my mind and tried as we just love it. Is is the F U N ship for sure.

As other posters have said the cabins are a bit larger on CCL. The beds are to die for on CCL. We prefer the food on CCL over RCL but food is a subjective matter.

We have seen all ages, types and things on both lines from party people to families relaxing. I have witness stuffy folks and drunk folks on both lines. They don;t bother me any as it's our vacation!

Enjoy your balcony, we can't cruise without one. The standard balcony on CCL is a bit smaller than RCL but as long as we can get the sea air and watch the stars at night and have coffee and breakfast on the balcony in the morning, I'm a happy cruiser.

Enjoy you first CCL cruise!! You'll be booking another for sure;)

Oh and as mentioned......CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!!!!

Congrats on your cruise have a great time. I've only done Carnval but considering RCl so let us know how you compare them when you get back. Love the Miami Vice, Margarita, Sangria and Cruiser drinks, the Bitter n Blanc, Creme Brulee and Cheese tray and Cappacino on dessert menu.

I book balcony or OV on all cruises depending on length of cruise, ship, itinerary, and pricing, but I do love the balcony cabins.

One thing that stays with my cruise packins items is a 8" length of 3/4" dowel rod. I use it in the balconay door betwen two of the hinges when I want to prop he door open. I am afraid of bungee cords popping loose and hitting me in the eye.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. While I prefer Royal Caribbean we have also sailed on Carnival. In fact we already have our cabin booked for The Magic, the first week she will leave from the Port of Galveston.

I have many friends who have not only sailed on the Triumphs they keep going back to sail on her again. So I am sure you will love her just as much as you love Royal Caribbean.

Oh :p welcome to the BS Club (BS as in Balcony Snob). Once you have sailed with a balcony it will be hard to go back to an ocean-view or interior cabin.

Have fun and don't forget to write your review when you come back home.

Have to agree with the balcony comment. On our second cruise we went for the balcony and have had one ever since!

My parents are die-hard RCCL fans but last March I finally got them on Carnival Legend. They were impressed and admitted that in the future they would consider CCL again-it was almost hard for my dad to say this after all his rantings about RCCL being superior to any other cruise line.

Bottom line: go and have a wonderful time, regardless of what ship you're on.

enjoy, I felt the same way when I took my first RC cruise , although I still prefer Carnival I was excited to try something new

Your first several cruises are much more exciteing. Everything will be new and different. 25 cruises later, not so much. Rooms are the same, food the same, entertainment the same. Fighting the airlines the same.

Enjoy those first several cruises.

Your first several cruises are much more exciteing. Everything will be new and different. 25 cruises later, not so much. Rooms are the same, food the same, entertainment the same. Fighting the airlines the same.

Enjoy those first several cruises.

You guys will enjoy it,

we actually return home a few days ago from the Victory and enjoyed every moment of it.

we sailed RCCL once but that was a while ago. we have since sailed with princess, NCL, and Carnival 4X. we have young children and carnival's children's programs are excellent! the victory will be our first balcony and our 8th cruise. very excited about the balcony....

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

I can now say I have cruised Carnival and I liked it! We had a great time and did alot of relaxing.

I will say there is a difference in Royal and Carnival...each do some things better. If I could combine all the things I like about both it would be perfect! Overall, we were happy with our cruise, and thankful for our time away.

Thank you for all your comments before our cruise!

Archived