Listing your cruises

Rum Rat

Makes no difference to me if people do or not, I only read the message in the post.:cool:

I don't know why some people seem to get uptight about others listing there cruises, it matters not one iota to me.:)

What always amuses me, is the people who don't list them, and instead replace them, with a sarcastic comment as to why they don't, as a sort of put down to those who do.:D:D

At the bottom of my signature, I have a link to my photo site, so people can see the ships inside and out of cruises I have done, and also places I have visited. People must be interested because to date I have had over 20,000 visits and over 120,000 total views.;)

Its nice to see if people have been on the same cruise or are going on the same cruise, but its not very important. I do love it when people put lots of photo's. It brings back nice memories and also give you an oppertunity to see when in store for you in the future. So thank you to everyone who puts photos on the site. I really enjoy looking at them. :)

Makes no difference to me if people do or not, I only read the message in the post.:cool:

I don't know why some people seem to get uptight about others listing there cruises, it matters not one iota to me.:)

What always amuses me, is the people who don't list them, and instead replace them, with a sarcastic comment as to why they don't, as a sort of put down to those who do.:D:D

At the bottom of my signature, I have a link to my photo site, so people can see the ships inside and out of cruises I have done, and also places I have visited. People must be interested because to date I have had over 20,000 visits and over 120,000 total views.;)

I agree with the photos. Love to look at other peoples pics and see different ships and ports. Also like to see all the lovely dresses the ladies wear as I am not a very dressy up person. Thanks to you all

I think listing your cruises helps when you are passing comment on issues arising - at least it shows which ships and lines you have been on!!

It makes you wonder if all these people who are anti have actually been anywhere....

Mike

Stirrer ! LOL...:rolleyes:

I don't list my cruises now as have been 'attacked' in the past by trolls usually, for doing so, so now just list the ships I've been on so people can see and i have been asked many times questions as people can see which ones I've been on, it helps, as I offer photos of all ships in the P&O fleet.

Didn't we start cruising around the same time? How many different ships have you been on then? I know you have done a few, mostly long ones like the Worldie which elevated you quickly to goldie status. I think it would be good if you DID list your cruises as people considering wordlies would then be able to ask you questions on them. Its not always the length of the cruise or the number of cruises done that matters, but it is quite interesting to see what others have done, and I, like Derek can't see why people get het up about it, some lists are too long, meaning people have to scroll a long way down to read other posts, would prefer to see them listed across the page instead of one per line, but thats just a preference.

I do hate out of date (Sailed!) Tickers though :rolleyes::D

No problem with anyone listing them, normal font, normal size etc, but WHAT REALLY GETS UP MY NOSE is when they post a one word reply in a thread THEN have a list of past cruises with 3 lines between each one, in different colours, in 24 size, with smilies THEN finish with mumbo jumbo, happy cruising, Dan canny, away the lads, Liverpudlians do it in stereo THEN list their next 10 cruises AND have a "quote" at the end :eek::eek::eek:

You might have superfast broadband but in some parts of the country we still have blue phone boxes with GR on the front with lines to match and if there are only 3 posts to a page it's really, REALLY annoying :D

HAPPY CRUISING!!! :p

Mike

Stirrer ! LOL...

I don't list my cruises now as have been 'attacked' in the past by trolls usually, for doing so, so now just list the ships I've been on so people can see and i have been asked many times questions as people can see which ones I've been on, it helps, as I offer photos of all ships in the P&O fleet.

Didn't we start cruising around the same time? How many different ships have you been on then? I know you have done a few, mostly long ones like the Worldie which elevated you quickly to goldie status. I think it would be good if you DID list your cruises as people considering wordlies would then be able to ask you questions on them. Its not always the length of the cruise or the number of cruises done that matters, but it is quite interesting to see what others have done, and I, like Derek can't see why people get het up about it, some lists are too long, meaning people have to scroll a long way down to read other posts, would prefer to see them listed across the page instead of one per line, but thats just a preference.

I do hate out of date (Sailed!) Tickers though :rolleyes::D

I have also been asked to remove my list of cruises. Naturally I was happy to acceed to the request.:D

If anyone does not like my list then they can .............................!!!!!

All answers to Mr R Rat, next big white ship going down Southampton Water.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Ships you have sailed on is not often a great deal of help to members wanting to know more about certain areas of the world,if the ships that you have sailed on have just done the Med./Europe/Caribbean, or other small areas of the world. Of course the information on the ship is of use but only inasmuch as viewed by the experience of the individual, and we all know that that differs tremendously.

Areas sailed would, IMO, be more informative for those wishing to obtain more information on certain areas of the world.You may have sailed many times but not have sailed the Amazon, the Panama Canal, the Pacific, etc.

I shall have to attend to my signature which would include all the above and more.

I have also been asked to remove my list of cruises. Naturally I was happy to acceed to the request.:D

If anyone does not like my list then they can .............................!!!!!

All answers to Mr R Rat, next big white ship going down Southampton Water.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Ah, as if by magic the shop keeper appeared :rolleyes:

Ships you have sailed on is not often a great deal of help to members wanting to know more about certain areas of the world,if the ships that you have sailed on have just done the Med./Europe/Caribbean, or other small areas of the world. Of course the information on the ship is of use but only inasmuch as viewed by the experience of the individual, and we all know that that differs tremendously.

Areas sailed would, IMO, be more informative for those wishing to obtain more information on certain areas of the world.You may have sailed many times but not have sailed the Amazon, the Panama Canal, the Pacific, etc.

I shall have to attend to my signature which would include all the above and more.

What a good idea :):)

Archived