How to dress???

saherri

We are going on a cruise for Thanksgiving to Cozumel. We have taken 8 other cruise, but they are all in the summer months. This will be my first time to take one in the fall. Can someone tell me how I should dress? I know inside the ship it is always cool, but on the island and on the day at sea will I be able to wear shorts??? Do people hang out at the pools?? Thanks for your help.

We've cruised the week after Thanksgiving and the weather was great! We wore shorts, swam in the ocean and hung out by the pool :) You'll be fine! I always take a light jacket with me but usually only wear it inside the ship, hope this helps! Have a great cruise!:D

We are going on a cruise for Thanksgiving to Cozumel. We have taken 8 other cruise, but they are all in the summer months. This will be my first time to take one in the fall. Can someone tell me how I should dress? I know inside the ship it is always cool, but on the island and on the day at sea will I be able to wear shorts??? Do people hang out at the pools?? Thanks for your help.

In Freeport and Nassau in January, weather was great (warm but not HOT like in summer!).

We wore shorts, capris, bathing suits, etc. Also snorkeled.

Unless there is a rogue cold front, you should be fine! :D

In Freeport and Nassau in January, weather was great (warm but not HOT like in summer!).

We wore shorts, capris, bathing suits, etc. Also snorkeled.

Unless there is a rogue cold front, you should be fine! :D

Once you are in Cozumel I imagine shorts will be fine. As far as sea days that will depend on where you are leaving from. We left from New Orleans on Oct 30 to Progreso and then Cozumel. It was chilly when we left and for part of the next day and the same coming back. We wore long pants and a light jacket then and on the drive home to Tx.

my husband and i sailed around the same time last year. it was unusually chilly in miami but it was very hot at all the ports we went to. we stopped at cozumel, grand cayman, roatan, and belize. hope this helps! this is my first time on this board!

We are also cruising Thanksgiving and live in Tampa. If you are leaving from Tampa (or anywhere in Florida) the 10 day forecast is saying 83 degrees next Sunday:). It looks like Cozumel and the rest of the ports in the Western Carribean area also forecasted between 81-84. The only thing that is making me nervous is the forecast is showing RAIN .:(

Dress just like you do in the summer. Instead of being 95+ degrees it will only be 90+ degrees.

As far as on deck and on shore, I think you are safe to expect 80F. and likely may be warmer than that:) Evenings you might want to have a sweater or shawl handy. In any case you might want one for the dining rooms and theather in the evening.:)

We are also cruising Thanksgiving and live in Tampa. If you are leaving from Tampa (or anywhere in Florida) the 10 day forecast is saying 83 degrees next Sunday:). It looks like Cozumel and the rest of the ports in the Western Carribean area also forecasted between 81-84. The only thing that is making me nervous is the forecast is showing RAIN .:(

Maybe because they don't yet know what that little low pressure system down there is going to do. Hopefully, it won't develop into anything.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

Always check weather.com for current forecasts, but Cozumel stays on the high warm end, as does GrandCayman, and Jamaica - they are all very close to the equator so the temps are warm-hot. We will be there the week before Christmas.

Archived