When is NCL Going to Treat "First CLass" Like "First Class

opilo

Maybe the market would... maybe it wouldn't. But you can be sure if they did it for a time, and then changed policy back because the market couldn't bear it, there would be trouble, not unlike the uproar when the spa suites were changed from 24 hour access to just standard opening hours access.

Exactly. I can understand why NCL or any company for that matter would be hesitant to include anything extra any more with the backlash that occurs when they are then required to cut back.

And I too don't understand what the big deal is with it being included. If you are willing to pay $300 more per person when you book the cruise, do you spend $600 during the cruise for internet, laundry, etc. And even if one does spend $600 what is the difference??

Why not leave it as it is and let each person decide what is important to them and purchase it as you need it. Therefore keeping the prices competitive...and I still stand by that NCL blows the competition out of the water when comparing perks.

OMG are you telling me I have to rub elbows with the steerage now. This will not do !!!!!! At least we dont have to share life boats , right ? ;)

38 days and its suite time..

Hey Donna guess which cabin I'll be in ?? :D

OMG are you telling me I have to rub elbows with the steerage now. This will not do !!!!!! At least we dont have to share life boats , right ? ;)

Lovey - did the maid pack my tennis whites? What do you mean, no tennis club on board? :D

We'll see ya'all in steerage on our next voyage. ;)

Nope, you are talking about the GARDEN Villa, not the COURTYARD villa, two totally different animals..

Robin

Thank you (and NayRN) for pointing out my error. You are both correct, I did misread the OP post, complaining about (what I read to be) the GV.

I appreciate both of your posts, not only for pointing out my error, but also the kindness of the replies.

My DW and I have to budget tightly all year to afford the OS, but we both agree that since we live in an "Inside Cabin" year round, we would rather cruise once a year in the OS than 4 or 5 times a year in an IC....but that is just us! We have friends that simply love to cruise, and they think us odd for our choices. To each his own. We love the space, and the perks.

The main reason that some people will pay as much to cruise on a mass-market ship in a large suite as they would pay for a standard suite on an all-inclusive small luxury ship is that the large ship has more in the way of on board entertainment to offer.

And possibly because they feel that they'll get a better ride if the weather gets real foul.

No way! 9076 whoo hoo! That's fantastic! Please give me a full report when you get back!

I was supposed to be on the Jade 11/21 Barcelona, but our friends had to cancel, which actually kind of made it easier for me to postpone the next cruise to 2011... Who knows, we may be back home on the Sun... And maybe in the aft AC that we love!

Thank you (and NayRN) for pointing out my error. You are both correct, I did misread the OP post, complaining about (what I read to be) the GV.

I appreciate both of your posts, not only for pointing out my error, but also the kindness of the replies.

My DW and I have to budget tightly all year to afford the OS, but we both agree that since we live in an "Inside Cabin" year round, we would rather cruise once a year in the OS than 4 or 5 times a year in an IC....but that is just us! We have friends that simply love to cruise, and they think us odd for our choices. To each his own. We love the space, and the perks.

Me too! I agree with your way of thinking!

The main reason that some people will pay as much to cruise on a mass-market ship in a large suite as they would pay for a standard suite on an all-inclusive small luxury ship is that the large ship has more in the way of on board entertainment to offer.

And possibly because they feel that they'll get a better ride if the weather gets real foul.

Great points, Bob, and one more to add - if you have kid(s), the luxury ships don't work at all except in the holidays. I get a butler, a great two room suite and a good kids clubs. Again, to each their own.:)

To OP, we did get more free meals when we stayed in the GV but I have to agree in spirit that they should include all the restaurants with the suites. However, we have been getting OBC that more than cover those costs so they feel included for us the last few cruises.

Archived