Not a fan of NCL

HappyHappy1

1) To the OP its is plain.That is what the OP said. The OP didn't say others thought it was plain. If the OP thinks its plain then it is plain to the OP which is what the OP said.- You lose that point

2)Wrong again. I personally have a 185 square foot walk in closet, so my walk in closet is bigger than the stateroom the op stayed in.-You lose again

3)The OP was making a point and you took it to literally. - Tie

4)Fox News is the #1 news channel in the usa beating CNN and MSNBC combined and beating CBS,NBC and ABC on election night.-You Lose big on this one.

5)Jewelry Sales did take up most of the time on the OP's trip. FACT. -You lose again

Nice try;)

You're wrong, 4 times. FACT.

1) To the OP its is plain.That is what the OP said. The OP didn't say others thought it was plain. If the OP thinks its plain then it is plain to the OP which is what the OP said.- You lose that point

2)Wrong again. I personally have a 185 square foot walk in closet, so my walk in closet is bigger than the stateroom the op stayed in.-You lose again

3)The OP was making a point and you took it to literally. - Tie

4)Fox News is the #1 news channel in the usa beating CNN and MSNBC combined and beating CBS,NBC and ABC on election night.-You Lose big on this one.

5)Jewelry Sales did take up most of the time on the OP's trip. FACT. -You lose again

Nice try;)

Great Post!

We did the NCL Spirit last year on a Canada/NE cruise. We did B2B so we had 2 weeks on the ship. Loved the itinerary, loved the ship, loved my balcony cabin, loved the crew and service, liked the entertainment just fine, but absolutely hated the food. Breakfast was just fine, but dinner and lunch in either the dining room or the buffet was just not to our liking at all. I think I lost weight on that cruise. I don't think that I should have to go to an extra cost restaurant to find something to eat.

I am not faithful to any particular cruise line, so I would try NCL again just to make sure it wasn't just the ship's food itself. Perhaps some of the other ships might have better lunches or dinners. Did like the pretzel rolls though, they were excellent along with breakfast.

Agree completely. just came back from NCL Gem. Everything was fine except the dinning experience. Very poor quality food, even in Specialty reataurants with exception of Cagney's. In reality freestyle doesn't work.

There was at least a 45 minute wait to be seated. Then when seated the service was so erratic. We never knew who was waiting on us as we would see a different person for each phase of dinner. The system just doesn't work. We finally made reservations each night in MDR but we had to make them at least 3 days in advance!! I didn't figure this out until day 3 of cruise buy it was a 21 day cruise. I too would try NCL again if price and itinerary were good. One highlight for us was the piano bar. Great entertainment with Catherine and Cladio doing 3 hours and Ian doing the other 3 hours.

Sue

Agree completely. just came back from NCL Gem. Everything was fine except the dinning experience. Very poor quality food, even in Specialty reataurants with exception of Cagney's. In reality freestyle doesn't work.

There was at least a 45 minute wait to be seated. Then when seated the service was so erratic. We never knew who was waiting on us as we would see a different person for each phase of dinner. The system just doesn't work. We finally made reservations each night in MDR but we had to make them at least 3 days in advance!! I didn't figure this out until day 3 of cruise buy it was a 21 day cruise. I too would try NCL again if price and itinerary were good. One highlight for us was the piano bar. Great entertainment with Catherine and Cladio doing 3 hours and Ian doing the other 3 hours.

Sue

I am sorry that the "system" did not work for you. The traditional dining, of other cruise lines, seems to be more your cup of tea. There are many others that the NCL "system" works just fine for.

Happy cruising.

PE

Happy im sorry you did not like your cruise i was going to wait awhile and try to put pics with my review but felt i needed to say something on this. We were on the cruise with you and also sailed on the same cruise and ship last yr so we loved the ship and the cruise. We got on the ship quickly and ate at the garden cafe more of the time or the blue lagoon food was as good or better than ccl we at at the mdr twice and the food was fine. The funny part is the first time we ate at the indigo the waiter vernon was the best waiter we have had in several cruises ccl and ncl he reminded me of our cruises back when we sailed exclusivly with ccl he was detailed in everthing he did even cleaning bread crumbs off table and we never did empty our water glasses. bad service in the dinning room is why we sailed with another cruise line after 13 ccl cruises. Dont get me wrong we still will sail with ccl we have done 2 more since but we also have been on rccl also. dont let some little problems turn you against any one line. We enjoyed the enertainment at just about everthing we went to, the comedian was great the halloween party was great even tho to crowded. the quest was great, the sharkbait boys were great like they were last yr. And the funny part is we spent some time in the spinnaker and there were some boys from n.j. there dancing and acting silly the band guys even commented on them being his fan club so your boys should have had friends if they looked hard enough. I did see some other boys being rude one day by pool and one was doing stupid stuff by my dw and i said something to him. The ports were great even tho we just went went walking around town in sammana and tortola, we went to baths last yr on ncl tour and loved it. We went to megans bay and loved it as we had been there many times before, even seen a wedding on the beach and bride and groom walked out into water with dress and tux on was real neat. Like i said sorry you did not like your cruise. Me and the wife used to sail only ccl but there service has went downhill and when i said something they acted like no big deal. As far as 4 to a cabin we used to do that on ccl for our first 4 or 5 trips and had pull down bunks for the kids and on any ship its crowded but makes for cheap cruise per person. Having 4 to a room is not fun for adults lol. Will try to post some pics later. Thanks. my wife said said she remembered you saying you were not happy when we had our cc slot pull but not why.:):) We bought a future cruise deal while onboard so as you can tell we like to cruise but will try any line. Sorry so long

Archived