What is name of RCI dock

buzzandjulie

Ballantyne Pier is about 2 miles from Canada Place deep in the heart of the industrial/container part of the port.

Perhaps this link will help you.

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/maps/mapPortVan.pdf

RCCL is the only major cruise line to use Ballantyne Pier - in some ways it is easier coming and going than Canada Place especially if there are 3 or 4 ships at Canada Place.

Cheers

Dennis

it is ballentyne pier. ballentyne pier and canada place pier are not one and the same. they are separated by approximately 5 miles in distance.

canada place pier is more of the artsy decorative pier located near stanley park and the lions gate bridge. ballentyne pier is more the in the commercial section of vancouver.

most rci ships sail out of ballentyne.

check out www.portvancouver.com and you can see which pier your ship will be docked at.

• 1 month later...
seems like Vision of the Sea is the only RCI ship to use Canada Place, according to the Port of Van. website. Anyone know why?

My guess is that it is the only ship in Vancouver that day. Canada Place is the prefrerred pier.

I want to know too..... you mean there's hope for all those pairs of shoes I MUST take????:)

Normally RCCL uses Ballyntine Pier, but our cruise (this Sept) was leaving from B pier then was switch to Canada Place (4 ships in port that day Oh ooooo no!)

Archived