Bermuda - Best Time?

Cthy651

I am seriously thinking about cruising to Bermuda, with RCC - anyone know what the best time is? Looking at 2011!

Also arrival time is posted as 8:00 am - if we fly out of Newark - what would be the safest time for our return flight?

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We like cruising to Bermuda between mid September and mid- October. The cruise ships aren't jammed with school-age children. The mid summer heat and humidity will have departed Bermuda, but the air and water temperatures are still warm and conducive to beach-going.

You should be OK with a flight departing EWR at 12:30 or 1 pm. If everything runs according to schedule you can make earlier flights, but I recommend leaving a little breathing room in your schedule. Sometimes the ship arrives late, sometimes customs delays clearing the ship for disembarkation, sometimes there are traffic jams getting to the airport. It's less stressful to take a flight that's a little later than the earliest possible flight you can make.

Thank you for responding.

We were thinking of going in April, has anyone been in April and what is the weather like?

Thanks again

Maybe coming from Canada it will feel warm to you but, the average air temperature for April is 72F/22C and the water is 69F/21C.:)

Here's what one Bermuda weather site says.

"The month of April can provide a mix of weather, ranging from sunny & warm to cloudy & cool. Although it can still be a bit blustery, at times, the weather usually starts to improve near the later part of the month. A windbreaker, light sweater and warm jacket should still be kept available."

I think it probably depends on why you go. If you are going with the expectation of lying out on the beach, summer is the best time. But if you, like me, are going to see a new place, different culture, etc, spring or fall is perfect.

• 4 weeks later...
I think it probably depends on why you go. If you are going with the expectation of lying out on the beach, summer is the best time. But if you, like me, are going to see a new place, different culture, etc, spring or fall is perfect.

I agree with this. We usually go in late June or July, when it's good for swimming, but it can be extremely hot and humid. We went to the museum at Dockyard last time and some of the rooms were so terribly hot we didn't spend as much time as we wanted to.

The time we went in early May, we did lots of sightseeing in St. Georges and the weather was very nice although the people who were there the week before experienced cold and continual rain. So it is variable.

For the best mix of lower crowds, warmer temps that allow pleasant sightseeing, and less chance of hurricanes, my choice would be early to mid-June.

If you want to swim, July-August.

If you want to strictly sight-see, April to May and October.

July -September is a crapshoot for weather and on each of our 2 July trips, we did experience at least 1 1/2 to 2 days of driving rain and thunder although luckily, it cleared up once we got to the island both times.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for responding.

We were thinking of going in April, has anyone been in April and what is the weather like?

Thanks again

I've been there in April and it was quite nice. The pro is that it is also a far less crowded time than in the summer months and it is not very hot nor humid.

The con is that it's not beach weather in terms of sitting out when it is warm but personally I enjoy April or late September and my preference is April.

Keith

Archived