Beach Bungelows on Princess Cay

gleach4259

We just got back from our Crown Princess Cruise. We were very interested in renting the Beach Bungelow on Princess Cay (adults only). I did some research on here before booking, and it was helpful but we still had some questions. We are back and I must say....I will do this EVERY TIME I go here! We loved it!!!!!!!!!

Traveled with my husband and another couple. We pre-booked the bungelow. Once on board, there was an envelope delivered to our cabin asking if we wanted to add the VIP package to the bungelow...the cost was only 25.00 per person. This was to cover the food/drinks. With the bungelow rental we did get priority tendering (very nice, no waiting in any line to get off the ship) and they met us at the pier with a golf cart to deliver us to our bungelow. The VIP package went as follows: you got a free cocktail of your choice when you arrived (or later if you wanted to wait). then they brought gaspacho soup in very pretty glasses to sip on. Next they brought this huge platter of seafood (lobster, shrimp, oysters, etc). Then came another huge platter of ribs and jerk chicken plus salad and rolls. Next came another platter of awesome tropical fruits-all were yummy. Last was some ice cream and toppings if you wanted (this was very good ice cream).

There were 2 waiters assigned to 3 of the bungelows, so you never wanted for anything. Plus the bonus of the Sanctuary Adults only bungelows.... they posted a ship employee at the entrance of this area and diverted anyone who did not belong to the bungelows, that was an added bonus and made it a little more private.

The bungelows themselves are pretty small (but incredibly cute), so we pulled our table & chairs out on the little porch to give ourselves more room (weather permitted this). that was perfect. there were also 4 loungers and towels there as well as bug spray & hand sanitizer and a pitcher of water and bucket of ice (it help minimize what I needed to haul off the ship in my beach bag. the bathroom were located about 50 yards down the walk way. There are outdoor showers (they include shampoo for you) in your bungelow to rinse off after swimming. I cannot tell you how wonderful this day was....soooooo worth every penny to us. We will probably do this EVERY TIME.

Thanks for the information. You made it sound so good, I've just reserved a bungalow for our Jan 31st Grand Princess cruise. Now if I can get some other folks to join us, it will cut the costs somewhat.

Very nice! So it was $199 (rental) + $25*4 (food upgrade) = 299 total for the 4 of you?

So far, it is just the $199 for up to 6 people. As I understand it, the up-charge for the extra food service will be offered in the future. But if we all opt for the upgraded food, then it should be $199 + 6 times $25, for a total of $349, or about $58pp. What I don't know is if everybody in the bungalow has to buy the upgrade, or if some can can some don't need to.

Edit: Oops - I thought you were replying to me, not the OP. Your costs were correct for a group of 4 people.

So far, it is just the $199 for up to 6 people. As I understand it, the up-charge for the extra food service will be offered in the future. But if we all opt for the upgraded food, then it should be $199 + 6 times $25, for a total of $349, or about $58pp. What I don't know is if everybody in the bungalow has to buy the upgrade, or if some can can some don't need to.

Edit: Oops - I thought you were replying to me, not the OP. Your costs were correct for a group of 4 people.

you are looking at the regular bungelows (they max out at 6 people) we chose the "adults only" bungelows(they max at 4 ppl). the regular bungelows are in the main area. The adult only ones are a little further down. I liked the privacy that the ship staffer ensured by keeping the rest of the cruisers from walking thru our area. I believe that all 4 of us had to opt in for the VIP pkg (because the food is brought in platters for everyone to share). hope that answers the question

So, just to be clear, you're talking about the sanctuary adults-only bungalows that are off to the side of where everybody/everything else is located, right?

How is the beach access? I seen pictures and it looks like there is a concrete ledge right in front of these particular bungalows and the water coming up to the concrete ledge is all rocky.

Do you have pictures you could post? Please?

Do the bungalows have a locking door? Like, would I be able to lock my valuables in the bungalow and walk up the beach and not have to worry about it?

My GF are leaning towards those, or the regular bungalows. All we want is a private little area we could call our own for the day. But we're unsure which would better suit our needs.

So, just to be clear, you're talking about the sanctuary adults-only bungalows that are off to the side of where everybody/everything else is located, right?

How is the beach access? I seen pictures and it looks like there is a concrete ledge right in front of these particular bungalows and the water coming up to the concrete ledge is all rocky.

Do you have pictures you could post? Please?

Do the bungalows have a locking door? Like, would I be able to lock my valuables in the bungalow and walk up the beach and not have to worry about it?

My GF are leaning towards those, or the regular bungalows. All we want is a private little area we could call our own for the day. But we're unsure which would better suit our needs.

There is no direct beach access where the bungalows are. However if you are in one of the first bungalows, you will be close to where you can access the beach.

You cannot lock the door, however there is no problem leaving your things and closing the door. I would not leave any valuables though.

Here are 2 pictures. The first is facing towards the Sanctuary bungalows (notice the sign). The second is taken from the same spot facing the other direction. There are 15 regular bungalows. We were in #9 which is the green one seen in the second picture.

426654400_Bungalows1.jpg.716207d414a9e4c018a574682e8729b3.jpg

874673318_Bungalows2.jpg.7deab22a6d2ab8e3e93c9dd41dbac2b0.jpg

• 6 months later...
We just got back from our Crown Princess Cruise. We were very interested in renting the Beach Bungelow on Princess Cay (adults only). I did some research on here before booking, and it was helpful but we still had some questions. We are back and I must say....I will do this EVERY TIME I go here! We loved it!!!!!!!!!

Traveled with my husband and another couple. We pre-booked the bungelow. Once on board, there was an envelope delivered to our cabin asking if we wanted to add the VIP package to the bungelow...the cost was only 25.00 per person. This was to cover the food/drinks. With the bungelow rental we did get priority tendering (very nice, no waiting in any line to get off the ship) and they met us at the pier with a golf cart to deliver us to our bungelow. The VIP package went as follows: you got a free cocktail of your choice when you arrived (or later if you wanted to wait). then they brought gaspacho soup in very pretty glasses to sip on. Next they brought this huge platter of seafood (lobster, shrimp, oysters, etc). Then came another huge platter of ribs and jerk chicken plus salad and rolls. Next came another platter of awesome tropical fruits-all were yummy. Last was some ice cream and toppings if you wanted (this was very good ice cream).

There were 2 waiters assigned to 3 of the bungelows, so you never wanted for anything. Plus the bonus of the Sanctuary Adults only bungelows.... they posted a ship employee at the entrance of this area and diverted anyone who did not belong to the bungelows, that was an added bonus and made it a little more private.

The bungelows themselves are pretty small (but incredibly cute), so we pulled our table & chairs out on the little porch to give ourselves more room (weather permitted this). that was perfect. there were also 4 loungers and towels there as well as bug spray & hand sanitizer and a pitcher of water and bucket of ice (it help minimize what I needed to haul off the ship in my beach bag. the bathroom were located about 50 yards down the walk way. There are outdoor showers (they include shampoo for you) in your bungelow to rinse off after swimming. I cannot tell you how wonderful this day was....soooooo worth every penny to us. We will probably do this EVERY TIME.

Thanks for the review. I too love the bungalows. I know some people think they are expensive but I think the make the day extra special and really maximize the experience on the Cays. I've stopped talking them up, figuring the more people hear about them the harder they will be for me to book LOL

Archived