Eclipse: How long has it been sailing?

gmazzo

I just saw a patient of mine who works for X, here in florida. She told me that eclipse is sailing on nov 20 for the first time with the general public. I thought I have seen plenty of posts about eclipse with pics and descriptions on these boards. Does anyone know exactly when it first sailed?

Is your patient a customer service rep? They're never right about anything :D

Eclipse has had a full season sailing out of Southampton, a TA, and now several short sailings here, all open to the public (for the most part). She probably means it's the first 7 nighter.

Celebrity Eclipse was christened April 22, 2010 and did her inaugural season from Southampton, England this past Summer to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe. She just completed her first transatlantic arriving in the US for the first time this past weekend, and her first sailing from the US was on November 17th which was a 3-night Bahamas. She enters her regular seasonal Caribbean service on the 20th.

Is your patient a customer service rep? They're never right about anything :D

Eclipse has had a full season sailing out of Southampton, a TA, and now several short sailings here, all open to the public (for the most part). She probably means it's the first 7 nighter.

Thanks for all the prompt responses. I believe she's a service rep for TA's. I told her she didnt know what she was talking about. It blow my mind that our cruise critic community knows more than the actual cruise lines:D

The first sailing with passengers was on April 22nd 2010. The thing that made this particular sailing unique was that it was totally free for all of the passengers.

The brand new ship was used as a rescue boat to bring British travellers stranded across mainland Europe and who had managed to make it overland to the Spanish coast back to Southampton from Spain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1267428/Iceland-volcano-Royal-Navy-warships-Eclipse-cruise-liner-launch-rescue.html

The rest of the summer season was spent cruising with fare paying passenger around the Mediterranean Sea, the Baltic and the Canary Islands.

Actually it was delayed until April 24 (see my previous post) but I am being pedantic.

I suspect that gmazzo was not really looking for this level of detail.

Thats why I started the thread, knowing that I would get the full story. I'm too lazy to do the research. So thank you! leaving tomorrow on Eclipse...I so need a vacation:)

Thanks for all the prompt responses. I believe she's a service rep for TA's. I told her she didnt know what she was talking about. It blow my mind that our cruise critic community knows more than the actual cruise lines:D

The service reps for Celebrity are quite often not well informed. It really causes a lot of confusion for passengers. Fortunately, this forum is available with great information.

Archived