Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elizanessie

Anyone got the white stuff yet?

So has anyone got snow yet ?

I am heading over the pond a week tomorrow and I am hoping like mad that we don't have any of that white stuff around when I leave here.

I am heading over the pond a week tomorrow and I am hoping like mad that we don't have any of that white stuff around when I leave here.

No snow in York, but had lots of rain!

Every year, we sing Handel's "Messiah" around this time. Last year, it was cancelled because of the sudden snowfall, and the soloists couldn't make it up from the south (Manchester).

So- it's a week earlier this year.....Thursday night....and the forecast is the 1st snow of the season.....

Here we go again!!!:eek:

(One of OH's rare appearances in a dinner suit, outside of cruising!)

Jo.

Yes we had some white stuff today, (23rd Nov) went to work this morning in a blizzard......loooooverlyyyyyy, last week we were in the Caribbean in 90c sun, oh well never mind, soon be xmas:).

White stuff arrived in York this morning! Not much, but enough to slow down the traffic. I suppose the schools will be closing early. Nearly got taken out on the way to work by an idiot going round a corner too fast and coming right over to my side of the road, skidding wildly. Luckily, I was just able to stop. The skies are very grey, so maybe more on the way.

Drat it seems to be all around us up here...though not actually any in our town....but as I have to get a train very early on monday to Aberdeen where I fly to London from, I am getting a bittie nervous :( Not so worried about the London to Miami part of my journey...its just getting to London bit that is making me :eek:

Anyone here please from the Aberdeen area who can help with updates on the snow ?

Had a light covering this morning but all away now. Weather been pretty bad further north I believe. Think we are due more soon. Love the snow.

The local news- Border/Tyne/Tees- showed some heavy falls down the east of the country, with schools being closed etc.....but not a flake over here on the west coast. But it was cold, singing in a vast church tonight....got home and had to have a hot shower just to survive! We were filmed by the above local news....they'll probably cut it down to 1 min 15secs......

Hope your journey goes well, Host E.:);)

Jo.

Yes we have snow here which is a might unusual at this time of the year as we are surrounded by hills it ususally misses us but by the look of it it is here to stay for how long its just wait and see.

Mary:eek::eek::eek:

It's finally reached the Western Lake District, but just a smattering...beautiful on the mountains, especially as the sun was setting.

Jo.

York & suburbs got snow on 25th November, around 3" where I am, it almost all melted on the 26th, but overnight & into today it has laid another 4".

The snow is still here and more is forecast over the next week....could be a white Christmas at this rate, especially with temps dipping to -4 during the day & -7 at night,

We had a thunderstorm during the night and the deep snow has caused chaos. I think the whole country has been hit. A day to stay home at the fire!:)

Just returned from Cambridge area, where there was no snow. Returned to a blizzard and had about 4 - 6" lying and its freezing cold. Grandchildren in the south are very jealous!

We got the white stuff last tnight. Never seen it here in Nov all the years I've lived here. Never a snow day for school until last winter, now one for tomorrow.

Twins are happy anyway ;-)

How is your Alex? Moine is at Uni in B'ham.

Hi, Atush....I can see you out of my window.....and yes, we've had snow on the Cumbrian coast- quite a rarety.

Jo.

Hope Eliza gets away this morning, lots of snow, sky is very grey... Fingers crossed !!

....and lots of snowed in airports....Newcastle was showing closed on the lunch time news.

atush....the IOM looked stunning today from our beach, with snow on Snaefell....really stood out against a blue sky.

Jo.

seeing as we have a site not to do with cruising, my question is does Australia see "I'm a celebrity", an answer will quench my curiosity, as I did not know if the there was a site for general questions

Yes we have snow in Lancashire, think we will have lots more by morning.

Sooty

Fed up of the white stuff now. Will be pleased when it thaws. We have about 20" in the back garden and if it snows any more we won't be able to get off the drive to do our Christmas shopping or post the cards!!!