Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elizanessie

Anyone got the white stuff yet?

We have just cut short our vist to Ventnor on the IOW,as lovely as it is i wouldnt like to get stuck there,the roads in and out are really steep and its the last place the gritters get to

Had over a foot here in South Wales, just hope it all clears up for next Thursday - Flying to NOLA to catch the Spirit on 26th Dec :rolleyes:. Hope so anyway?

We are hoping to get to Gatwick on Thursday for Christmas and bi-annual rugrat inspection. My principal concern is getting out on Boxing Day and back to Spain, if we can't get there, oh well, too bad! If we are stuck there:confused:

Bon Voyage and Happy Christmas to all

PS I was a bit worried about the original title re the white stuff; I thought it might have referred to something rather more exotic than snow as we know it:eek:

Lots of snow here in Nottingham last week but so far no more. Fingers crossed it stays like it until Christmas Day.:)

Debbie x

Had over a foot here in South Wales, just hope it all clears up for next Thursday - Flying to NOLA to catch the Spirit on 26th Dec :rolleyes:. Hope so anyway?

Think our Derek(BBC Wales Weatherman) got it wrong when he said a couple of cm's for today. Worse than the earlier snow here in Newport.:(

Sure it'll be much better by 26th though :)

Having to dig the cars out today, so we can get to work tomorrow, LAST DAY before Holiday!!:D So have to finish a few things off and tidy the desk.

Travelling to Heathrow on Thursday PM for a flight on Friday. :( Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.:rolleyes:

Merry Christmas and safe travels to all.

Having to dig the cars out today, so we can get to work tomorrow, LAST DAY before Holiday!!:D So have to finish a few things off and tidy the desk.

Travelling to Heathrow on Thursday PM for a flight on Friday. :( Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.:rolleyes:

Merry Christmas and safe travels to all.

Hope all goes well for you...:):cool:

Jo.

When this thread was started a month ago, I'm sure no one imagined that when Christmas was almost with us the UK would be in such chaos !!!

I'm sure you all have had enough of the 'white stuff'

N...absolutely sick of the stuff....!:(

But it's beautiful, too....wall to wall sunshine in the daytime, but bitterly cold.

Jo.

N...absolutely sick of the stuff....!:(

But it's beautiful, too....wall to wall sunshine in the daytime, but bitterly cold.

Jo.

Even more beautiful when you are inside the house ...snug and warm with your favourite drink in hand ...and looking out the window at the darn snow.

Why is it though that no matter how much food shopping you do...the milk runs out when it is snowing or freezing outside and you are desperate for a cuppa :confused:

We are still white here. Temperatures are not reaching 0 during the day so the snow has virtually turned to ice. There are frozen snow piles at the sides of the roads and the pavements are still trecherous. The outlet pipe from the washing machine has frozen! :mad:

Went into my tiny back yard ( and I mean about a yard square, not a garden), to find the resident robin sitting on top of his frozen water dish....he just stared at me, and only flew a short distance when I came out with the kettle. I have to do that several times a day, now.

Jo.

Further to my post at #29 we got to the UK on time but ended up stuck at Gatwick for 3 days on the way home. Now putting travel insurance and a claim under the EU regs to the test. I will report back idc.

Grrrr we have the white stuff again :eek:

Couldnt believe it when I looked out this morning....snow snow flipping darn snow again :(

I did read yesterday that some ports in Greece were closed due to snow...that just seems...odd...never thought of Greece getting snow.

Och well back to hunting my winter boots etc.

I went out for a pub lunch with friends on Mon, to Cockermouth. Glorious day, sunshine and a feeling of spring in the air.

Then we noticed the gritters coming down the road....

Jo.