Included gratuities

CRUISIN LINDA

I have returned from Braemar in the last few days and only some passengers had recieved a letter regarding the policy on tips. Along with many other people, we went to reception where we filled out a form opting out of the new tipping policy and just asked for envelopes so that we could give tips to those we choose to. There seemed to be problem with this.

Did you mean NO problem with this? If not, what was the problem? We are doing this itinery in February, so I may be asking for tips later on re. trips etc, especially in Cuba:)

by 'no problem', I meant that Reception did not bliink an eyelid at my request to opt out, I just filled in a form, and they gave me some envelopes. many people were doing this . This was on 9 th December, I don't know if the the new policy will or can be enforced at a later date.

We were on the Black Watch 3 night cruise from 17th December. We had a letter delivered to our cabin explaining the new tipping system. It said we could go to Reception and have this removed from our On board account and tip in the normal way if we wished. So I decided to have a chat to our Cabin Stewardess to try to find out what the crew preferred. She was adament that she preferred individual tipping from passengers and said as far as she knew other crew felt the same. So my husband visited reception and had the tips removed. We tipped the recommended amount for our Stewardess and Restaurant waiter.

We were on the Black Watch 3 night cruise from 17th December. We had a letter delivered to our cabin explaining the new tipping system. It said we could go to Reception and have this removed from our On board account and tip in the normal way if we wished. So I decided to have a chat to our Cabin Stewardess to try to find out what the crew preferred. She was adament that she preferred individual tipping from passengers and said as far as she knew other crew felt the same. So my husband visited reception and had the tips removed. We tipped the recommended amount for our Stewardess and Restaurant waiter.

Excellent to ask the staff what they prefer - I will be joining you Linda in requesting to opt out in February

To me this is getting like the hospitality services n this country, when service is added, often the staff do not get what they are due, as my Grand Daughters will verify

Archived