On board shopping

queenlover

Is it possible to buy QE merchandise on board QM2?:confused:

I'm pretty sure that you will find that you can't. The branding is either specific to the ship on which you are travelling, or it is generic Cunard branding. Obviously I haven't examined every branded item on every Cunard ship but I think that, as a general, rule what I've just said will hold.

J

and only TransAtlantic merchanise on Ta's.
If you mean "transatlantic merchandise only on TAs," the rules on that might have been bent a bit on the September New England cruise - maybe it was because it was tucked between two TAs (and could have been booked as a Southampton RT), but Transatlantic merchandise was prominantly displyed on the NYC RT to Quebec.

I'm going to tag onto this thread to ask my question....

I was on the QM2 in 2006 and bought a lovely pool towel in one of the shops. Does anyone know if there are QV pools towels for sale on the QV? I would like to know so I can bring the appropriate luggage with adequate room.

Thanks!

I was on the QM2 in 2006 and bought a lovely pool towel in one of the shops. Does anyone know if there are QV pools towels for sale on the QV? I would like to know so I can bring the appropriate luggage with adequate room. Thanks!

Hi

I know the type of towel you describe I think (mainly red with black and gold?).

I've two QM2 and one QE2 versions all bought on board the ship in question.

I was hoping to add a QV version but saw none on sale in the "logo" shop, pity.

I am hoping to add QV and QE versions when on those ships at some point if they are still produced.

Good luck in tracking them down! Very best wishes.

Hi

I know the type of towel you describe I think (mainly red with black and gold?).

I've two QM2 and one QE2 versions all bought on board the ship in question.

I was hoping to add a QV version but saw none on sale in the "logo" shop, pity.

I am hoping to add QV and QE versions when on those ships at some point if they are still produced.

Good luck in tracking them down! Very best wishes.

Yes you can buy the lovely QV pool towels but I think you have to ask your cabin steward/ess, rather than them being in the shops.

DSCF4165.JPG

And my pool towel that I bought is dark green with cream border and the Cunard in Green I believe it is....very thick and nice but not in the shop...I got mine thru my steward.

As to merchandise from other ships, last summer I could have bought a couple of trinkets and shirts from QE2's last World Cruise....couldn't figure out why anyone who hadn't been on that cruise would want it. They were quite marked down. I'd just say to look when they pile the "stuff" out on the tables. it might depend on what's kicking around they want to get rid of.

Cheers,Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top!

2011...North to Alaska!! A wilderness tour and cruise....sorry Cunard.

I'd just say to look when they pile the "stuff" out on the tables. it might depend on what's kicking around they want to get rid of.

Absolutely, On every QM2 trip we've been on they were selling old QE2 merchandise including dog collars, tags, and every imgainable pet items along with all the old tee shirts, sweatshirts, and everything else left over from the QE2 printed items. You actually have to be careful not to choose the perfect item and realize it's from the QE2 and not a currant item from the QM2. The price reduction can be the same. I'm guessing eventually they will run out of the "old inventory". :)

I could have bought a couple of trinkets and shirts from QE2's last World Cruise....couldn't figure out why anyone who hadn't been on that cruise would want it.

Penny - you-re not alone in wondering that :confused: I would have thought that WC merchandise would have had a shelf life that ended when the cruise was over. I'm surprised to hear that they had anything left given the way they were trying to flog the stuff at the end of that final WC :)

Is it so I can wear a "World Cruise" sweatshirt to the party without actually having to pay for a world cruise? :)

I haven't done that but I did once buy a "B1 Program Key Performer" coffee cup at a surplus store because I thought it was ironic (sort of like David/Michael on the Office buying a "World's Greatest Boss" award to display in his office).

Archived