Alaska, anyone? Possible group cruise in 2012

aggieastrosfan

I just found this thread, Mere, but I am definitely interested. My youngest son and his family live in Seattle, and even though I lived in Fairbanks, Alaska, for four years, I never saw any part of Alaska south of Valdez, so I'm very excited about making that trip, especially with some of my buddies. Please let me know when you know what your dates will be, and I'll try to get off work. Tee hee. :D

I just found this thread' date=' Mere, but I am definitely interested. My youngest son and his family live in Seattle, and even though I lived in Fairbanks, Alaska, for four years, I never saw any part of Alaska south of Valdez, so I'm very excited about making that trip, especially with some of my buddies. Please let me know when you know what your dates will be, and I'll try to get off work. Tee hee. :D[/quote']

Happy birthday codger!!! Miss ya! Hope it was a good one!

You're right. At my age' date=' I can't just assume I'll still be around on Sunday. Thanks your caring consideration, love dumpling. :)[/quote']

You had better be around come sunday and beyond or I'll find you and kick your happy azz....

Last week on the Fantasy' date=' I wore the "Turtllelicious" shirt that Sue and Terry got me and I got a lot of strange looks from some of the other passengers. :)[/quote']

Those giving you strange looks are certainly losers...who couldn't know what turtllelicious is....idiots!

David and I heading for St. Croix soon....I am ready for a vacay!! Need me some diving! :eek:

You had better be around come sunday and beyond or I'll find you and kick your happy azz....

Those giving you strange looks are certainly losers...who couldn't know what turtllelicious is....idiots!

David and I heading for St. Croix soon....I am ready for a vacay!! Need me some diving! :eek:

My azz IS happy. On Monday, I was still on a cruise ship with my two adorable female roomies.

I hope you have a great time diving at St. Croix, but don't they have some kind of rules about post-menopausal women using scuba equipment? :confused:

YES!! we are definitely interested.. Me, DH and DD13 are wanting to go to Alaska.. along with his mother and grandmother.. we were thinking of going this year, but Im thinking next year may be more reasonable so we can save for it.. Keep us updated as this is a strong possibility for us..

With the recent news announcement by Carnival that the Spirit will be relocating to Australia, the 2012 Alaskan tourism season will be our last chance to visit via the Spirit. My wife and I have taken our first two cruises on the Spirit and we really loved it. So she will be sorely missed! :(

Hey, everyone! Glad to see there's still interest in this, I'm getting excited already!

Since it's getting close to the time when Carnival usually releases prices, I guess we better pick at least a time frame soon. For me, early June or early August is best, but I know some people have said the best time to go is in July, which is of course the most expensive.

Holiday cruises are out for us, as DH doesn't have the seniority to guarantee he'll get it off.

• 2 weeks later...
I know there's some of you out there, anyone else interested in an Alaska group cruise in 2012?

1. Aggieastrosfan - 3

My husband and I and 2 of our friends are thinking an Alaskan cruise in summer 2012. July or August. Would be very much interested in what you find out.

Thinking early August, but open to anything during the summer. We have a 5 year old who will start kindergarten at the end of August, so the first week in August is as late as we can go. :(

Even though we are planning on doing Europe around that timeframe I could try (and I stress try) to sell hubby on the idea. He likes warm places for cruises but I want to do Alaska one day! And summer works best for us too as we have a current kindergartener so I understand planning around that!

Please keep us informed! ;)

My husband, sister, and brother in law are all interested in Alaska in 2012, but I haven't seen any schedules for 2012 yet. We would be leaving the very end of May or the beginning of June. I looked at Princess, but with the land option it was way too expensive for us. We love Carnival anyway, so I'm okay with it. We want to see glaciers, but also the towns of Skaway and Ketichican(sp?). Has anyone been able to see rates or schedules yet, or does anyone know when they will come out?

Archived