Hotel near cruise terminal Tokyo ?

rojaan19

Joe,

do itashi ma****e (you are welcome) and Akema****e omedeto gosaimas (Happy New Year).

(Sorry for the asteriks but the "bad words checker" on cruise critic automatically put **** instead of "s" "h" "i" "t" even if those letter are part of a Japanese word....) :rolleyes:

We were in Tokyo over Christmas and saw that the cruise terminal area has been developed nicely. Hope you enjoy it and the cruise!

I remember our guide in Tokyo gave a lesson. From 37 years ago, here is what I remember.

itsi, nitsi, shaun, su--Suppose to be counting and I could get to 10 at one time. Spelling is as close to what I remember it sounded like.

Also--abrigado--Is that close to any type of Japanese word?

Arrigato = thank you

1,2,3..10 = itchi, ni, san, shi, go, rokku, nana, hatchi, ku, tschu (but it depends on what you count as endings change accordingly...:D)

Funny, I remember the maiden voyage cruise of the Song of Flower which was the start of Regent Seven Seas.

It was 50% Japanese owned at that point and the daily Bingo game was called in both Japanese and English. I will never forget "be no nana" (under the B, number 7)

• 3 years later...

Having just joined this is my first posting. Myself and my husband are travelling to Tokoyo in July for 4 days and then on cruise for 9 days. Could anyone tell the best way to get from airport to hotel and then the hotel to the Yokohama Port. We are staying at Hotel New Otani.

Thanks

Having just joined this is my first posting. Myself and my husband are travelling to Tokoyo in July for 4 days and then on cruise for 9 days. Could anyone tell the best way to get from airport to hotel and then the hotel to the Yokohama Port. We are staying at Hotel New Otani.

Thanks

Are you flying into Narita or Haneda airport ? Both Tokyo airports are served by the airport limo bus

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

buy your ticket at the desk when you get out of the arrivals area. Go to the numbered bus stop, line up with your bags, the boys will check your ticket and label your luggage, keep the numbers to retrieve your bags at the hotel.

It is the easiest way to get to your hotel from the airport. Taxis from the airport to the city will cost a fortune. It is 60 kms out of Tokyo. Get a taxi from your hotel to the port.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

just booked the Nikko too. Hope that info is still some what current!

Picking up the Muse to Vancouver May 12.

We are looking at this same voyage next year. If you have booked your air through SS, which airport did they use; HND or NRT.?  Thanks

11 minutes ago, daddyo said:

We are looking at this same voyage next year. If you have booked your air through SS, which airport did they use; HND or NRT.?  Thanks

Not sure. We booked too late to get their biz air. We wanted next year too but there is a break in between that prevented a b2b.

3 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Not sure. We booked too late to get their biz air. We wanted next year too but there is a break in between that prevented a b2b.

Thanks. We would like HND, but NRT has better connections from Nashville