Drinking Age

sarbear4313

My friends and i are going on a cruise for spring break next year and we will all be 18. We were wondering what the drinking ages are for the cruise ships, and which ships would be best for us. I've read that some ships have an 18 years old drinking age and others have 21 years old. Are they really strict about their drinking age policies onboard the ships? I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some feedback... Thanks :)

on most cruise lines you can not even sail on the ship if you are under 21 unless you are accompanied by an adult...so check that out. As far as the drinking age goes...you can only drink at 18 yrs. of age if you are accompanied on the cruise by a parent or guardian who has to sign a waiver that gives you permission to drink...at least this was our experience on RCCL Majesty in Nov. 2004. I signed the waiver and my son was able to drink beer or wine.

Sar- Your parents or at least one person over the age of 25 need to be with you for you and your friends to sail.

If this is the case- Royal allows 18 years olds to drink beer and wine as long as a Parent is onboard to sign the consent.

Other cruise lines you need to be 21.

Is it strictly enforced??? All purchases onboard is by a card. A sign and sail card or a sea pass card. People under 21 will have a hole punched into the card. When trying to buy alcohol drinks a waiter will see that you are a minor and refuse you a drink.

May I suggest that you and your friends look into an all inclusive in Jamaica or Cancun for Spring break. I think this is more what you may be looking for.

I have to agree with the last poster. You would probably enjoy an all inclusive somewhere rather then going on a cruise. While cruises are great and I am sure you would have fun. I doubt you want to take a guardian over the age of 25 with you, that would just spoil your fun.

Rebecca

Archived