Adv ocean program

Hello Everyone.. I will be traveling on my first cruise this March, and I super happy. But I have a question about RCL youth program. My son is 2 years old and potty-trained. According to RCl Adv Ocean program they have to be 3 and potty-trained. is there no way that he can attend their program while on board. I noticed that Carnvial have programs for the 2 year old. I am thinking about switching ships because of this please help

Thanks

If having him be part of the kids' program is important, then yes, I'd switch to Carnival or NCL for another year, as Royal is very firm in their age policies. Oasis, Allure, Liberty (after January) and Freedom (after March) all have/will have nurseries for additional charge ($8 hr right now) for under 3s. I believe some other ships will start adding the nursery next summer as well, but for the regular children's programs, Carnival will be your better bet for the moment.

There is no way he will be allowed to attend AO. The minimum age is 3 and is set in stone. It has to be or every parent with a potty trained 2-y/o will expect the same treatment, and then the age minimum is meaningless, and then the liability carriers will get really upset.

beachchick

They have the Royal Tots program but you have to be there to supervise him

The reason? As stated above: insurance. If something were to happen - as is more likely with the youngest of children - their insurance would not cover them.

If having him be part of the kids' program is important, then yes, I'd switch to Carnival or NCL for another year, as Royal is very firm in their age policies. Oasis, Allure, Liberty (after January) and Freedom (after March) all have/will have nurseries for additional charge ($8 hr right now) for under 3s. I believe some other ships will start adding the nursery next summer as well, but for the regular children's programs, Carnival will be your better bet for the moment.

Exactly what I was going to say. If babysitting AND being on Royal Caribbean is important to you, then choose a ship that will have a RCI nursery (paid service). If having a kids club for 2 year olds is more important than cruise line and ship choice, then go on Carnival for now.

I did that. When my youngest was 2, we did Carnival ships. Then we celebrated her 3rd birthday on Royal Caribbean. I was soooo happy to be able to get back to RCI. :D

Thank you so much I did not think about it from a liability stand point. I guess that is understandable. Well since they do have Adv tots do they have more than one class a day for the children to attend, what else can toddlers do? Thanks

Which ship are you planning on doing in March? I have Royal Tots/Babies pages in my signature from the Indy. They seemed to have 45 minutes sessions throughout the day. They had walking with the strollers. Bedtimes stories. And then the play group. That would be the same for the Freedom class. And possibly the Voyager class ships.

You can pickup toys too at AO. Some are better than others. And some Royal tot classes are more organized than others. It just depends on the ship and the crew member running the event.

Come on over to the Family Board here at Cruise Critic. We talk about this kind of stuff all the time. :D

Archived