Big balcony

bluehenfan

Yesterday I got a call from Carnival offering me an upsale from our extended balcony to a suite for $495 total. I just don't want to put anymore money out right now, so I reluctantly turned it down. Early this morning I was wondering how many other guests that were made the same offer had accepted. I went on line and checked to see if many more extended balconies were now available and noticed premium balcony cabin 6232 was now available for same rate I was currently paying. Made a quick call and now have cabin 6232. At first, PVP I spoke to told me it was a mistake and it was not available for price I saw, but he double checked and I got it. I saw some pictures of it and I was really excited. It's much bigger. I bet someone who had it got the same phone call I did and upgraded to a suite. Even though the move doesn't get me a bigger cabin, I don't feel quite as bad about having to say "no" to a suite... LOL

Yesterday I got a call from Carnival offering me an upsale from our extended balcony to a suite for $495 total. I just don't want to put anymore money out right now, so I reluctantly turned it down. Early this morning I was wondering how many other guests that were made the same offer had accepted. I went on line and checked to see if many more extended balconies were now available and noticed premium balcony cabin 6232 was now available for same rate I was currently paying. Made a quick call and now have cabin 6232. At first, PVP I spoke to told me it was a mistake and it was not available for price I saw, but he double checked and I got it. I saw some pictures of it and I was really excited. It's much bigger. I bet someone who had it got the same phone call I did and upgraded to a suite. Even though the move doesn't get me a bigger cabin, I don't feel quite as bad about having to say "no" to a suite... LOL

Good for you...when I can't do a Suite I always try to go for the bigger balcony. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Wow- To give up one of the most prime balconies for a suite???

No way jose-- unless it was that I spend more time INSIDE the cabin then I do the balcony.

6232 is a cabin that holds 4 people- do you have 4 people??

I have cabin 6232 on Miracle over next Thanksgiving, but I got it for the extended balcony rate around the beginning of November. Carnival must have changed the pricing since then.

Have you seen pics of the balcony? It's like a bowling alley:D! I'm looking forward to some quality time out there! Congrats on your cabin!

You definitely got the better end of the deal IMO! We had a suite on the Miracle in May...was great, but I would rather pay less and have the huge balcony (which we had on the Legend last month). Regular balcony is about 8 feet, our suite was about 16, and the supersized that you have is 24!:D Here is 7258...same as yours, but one flight up (we have 8232 on our upcoming Miracle and I am so happy!)

P1000097.jpg

Enjoy!!!!!!

No way jose-- unless it was that I spend more time INSIDE the cabin then I do the balcony.

Yep, there are 4 of us. I agree with you about not giving up prime balcony for a suite. I just know cabin 6232 wasn't available before yesterday. I've been checking the Carnival website daily. Only bad thing is, I have a "cheapest cost I can get" cruise booked for Sept. and I know I'll be missing that big balcony. Sigh.....

I have 6232 on the Pride in 3 days!!!!

Pls. take a few minutes to post when you return. Will be anxious to hear about your cruise and cabin 6232. I'm hoping Kirk will be CD when we're on the Pride. Have a wonderful vacation and take good care of our cabin. LOL

You definitely got the better end of the deal IMO! We had a suite on the Miracle in May...was great, but I would rather pay less and have the huge balcony (which we had on the Legend last month). Regular balcony is about 8 feet, our suite was about 16, and the supersized that you have is 24!:D Here is 7258...same as yours, but one flight up (we have 8232 on our upcoming Miracle and I am so happy!)

P1000097.jpg

Enjoy!!!!!!

Thanks for the note AND the picture, this is the cabine we have booked for our March cruise!!! Looks great!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked in 8268 later in December on the Pride...does anyone know how that balcony compares to this picture? Also, after I booked this suite, I then read about lots of noise in the morning as the staff readies the area around the pool, dragging deck chairs around...can anyone comment that has had a cabin on the 8th deck in the aft? Thinking I may bring ear plugs...

I was one of the ones who upgraded from a extended balcony modified cabin (6234)- to a suite. (6183)

For me the thought of no bathtub was the whole reason for the upgrade. I hope I didn't make a mistake! Oh and I upgraded for $195 a person.

Serene, you keep telling people that cabin holds 4 people (true) and you must have four occupants, that's not true, DH and I had that cabin on the Pride, just the two of us and enjoyed it! Would book it again in a heartbeat!

Serene, you keep telling people that cabin holds 4 people (true) and you must have four occupants, that's not true, DH and I had that cabin on the Pride, just the two of us and enjoyed it! Would book it again in a heartbeat!

I think her point is that you can be bumped...

I think her point is that you can be bumped...

Yep. I originally booked 6232 and moved up a deck b/c it only holds 2. I didn't want to take the chance of getting bumped.

P1000097.jpg

Enjoy!!!!!!

Linda, we have 8232 booked for the Miracle for our upcoming B2B. We had the same cabin last year on the Legend. Can't beat the extra-large balcony.:D

yep- you took the chance of being bumped out of the cabin.

But in high family sailing season you will NOT be able to book that cabin for 2 people. Agents do not tell people this and they do have a right to know.

I'm booked in 8268 later in December on the Pride...does anyone know how that balcony compares to this picture? Also, after I booked this suite, I then read about lots of noise in the morning as the staff readies the area around the pool, dragging deck chairs around...can anyone comment that has had a cabin on the 8th deck in the aft? Thinking I may bring ear plugs...

8268 is the corner suite- its broke down into seperate areas-- not just one big cabin- Awesome balcony and even better then the pictures posted here of 6232/4

it will be similiar to this:

58806959SWLhGk_th.jpg

check out the whole album with this one

2559276320100260141XPPvfn_th.jpg

8268 is the corner suite- its broke down into seperate areas-- not just one big cabin- Awesome balcony and even better then the pictures posted here of 6232/4

it will be similiar to this:

58806959SWLhGk_th.jpg

check out the whole album with this one

2559276320100260141XPPvfn_th.jpg

Wow, the suite is even better than I imagined! I had no idea it had a separate bedroom - they don't do a very good job of explaining or showing pictures of the different cabin / suite choices.

Wow, the suite is even better than I imagined! I had no idea it had a separate bedroom - they don't do a very good job of explaining or showing pictures of the different cabin / suite choices.

Only the corner afts offer the seperated areas. and ONLY on this class ship- every other suite is just a bigger room.

• 2 months later...
Those big balconies are sweet, but that's a big chunk of extra cash to lay out.

I just switched from a Premium Balcony to the extended Balcony Room 6232 on the Miracle. Originally we had booked a regular balcony, later we upgraded to premium for total of $100 more. Last night we were checking the price and noticed that 6232 was available. I called and snatched to it right away. Didn’t cost any more, but maybe because it’s in the off season..

I just switched from a Premium Balcony to the extended Balcony Room 6232 on the Miracle. Originally we had booked a regular balcony, later we upgraded to premium for total of $100 more. Last night we were checking the price and noticed that 6232 was available. I called and snatched to it right away. Didn’t cost any more, but maybe because it’s in the off season..

You're gonna LOVE it!!! Premium balcony cabins on Spirit class have more room in the cabin, but the balcony is 2/3 the size of this one. Since I don't feel overly crowded in the cabin, I'd rather have the big balcony, especially if you can get a lounge on it!

We did the same thing. At first we booked an extended balcony on Miracle then I read on CC about 6232. Checked into it and yes, we are booked! It wasn't any more $$$ than the extended. Maybe because we are sailing in November?

Baconisgood, did you check out the recent pricedrop? I was able to get $80 taken off what I owe. Yippie!

Archived