Mens Bridal Party Attire

Liv2bCruzin

I had orginally planned in my mind to forsure have all of the men in the brial party wearing a tux. But we are getting married prior to the ship sailing in Tampa therefore from what I have read on here there is not the option to rent suits when you are having the wedding the same day of setting sail it is accurate information? If so, let me take you into my crazy world of questions I need some input and advice. I have not yet priced renting suits as of yet from my understanding it can get a very expensive expesially if they will be rented for a enitre week while cruising. Is that the case? I don't want the bridal party to have more cost on top of booking the cruise. I also have had people say well have someone return them who is not sailing. I my thoughts were that's tacky. "ok guys take off your suits before we sail so they can be returned" ha ha So my other thought is to go to a department store and pick out dress pants and dress shirt and color coodinating tie and have the guys purchase that. Not my first choice by any means but it looks like all the guys will be sailing and I just don't want to make anyone fork out anymore money than they already are going to. Alright Ladies...I need your input and knowledge.

From what I understand (a friend of mine has worked at a tux shop for YEARS as a part time job), you just tell them that it's a destination wedding and you get two tuxedos each for the week. I am not an expert but that's what my friend told me when I asked about tuxedos for the cruise.

If you are sailing with Carnival they sent a order form with your information to rent the tuxes for the entire week for 100...if you want shoes it is 137.

I have my groom and groomsmen purchase their black suit at Jc penny's $100 for pants and Jacket. JCpenny's also sells tuxes for $100 but it doesn't include shirt/tie/or shoes.

Hope this helps:-)

Why not go a bit 'east coast' and have the guys wear khaki colored pants NO PLEATS NO CARGO POCKETS and a navy blazer, white shirts and a colorful tie (all matchin). Everyone needs to wear the same color shoes and NOT GYMSHOES. I think you'll come off a lot cheaper than $100. Look online and you can always have them tailored to fit.

At least they can always wear the pants again. I think it always looks appropriate and your wedding will be in the daytime anyways so no need to go all dressy formal.

We are sailing on Carnival, and I just told the Carnival WC (not TWC coordinator) what we wanted and sent measurements. She said the tuxes will be in the cabin when we board! We will have them for the entire week at a very reasonable price.

The cruise ships do offer rentals for the length of the cruise but what we ran into was too costly since it was an 8 day cruise they had to charge us for 2 weeks. So I think the length of the cruise will play a factor no matter which direction you take.

If you go with a national chain, they normally will work out a nice deal for you and you have the options of picking up and/or dropping off either local or the destination locations.

3rd option if you want the tux and the rental prices are too high look for like a rental warehouse or outlet. You can normally buy the tux pants, new, for about 45.00 and the jackets, used, can range from 15.00 - 100.00. New jacket prices can get pretty high and not really what you would be looking to have them spend. Some people think that buying a used tux jacket is kind of tacky, gross, odd etc, because they don't feel like it is clean or sanitary etc. However they were willing to rent that same jacket... These outlets and warehouses mainly sell last years model tuxes you can get a good deal...

We went to Men's Warehouse and bought beautiful sand colored $500.00 suits that were on sale for $199.00 and for every two suits, we got $100.00 off. We needed three suites total. We are matching them with cream colored shirts (on sale at Penny's) and red ties and red pocket squares rather than boutainers. Flowers ran about $15.00 - $22.00 ea., pocket squares were $6.00 each. So for about $100.00 more, they get to keep the suit. Plus the fact that my 2 son's needed new suits anyway, for us it was the to go.

We went to Men's Warehouse and bought beautiful sand colored $500.00 suits that were on sale for $199.00 and for every two suits, we got $100.00 off. We needed three suites total. We are matching them with cream colored shirts (on sale at Penny's) and red ties and red pocket squares rather than boutainers. Flowers ran about $15.00 - $22.00 ea., pocket squares were $6.00 each. So for about $100.00 more, they get to keep the suit. Plus the fact that my 2 son's needed new suits anyway, for us it was the to go.

My son hates dress clothes and only wore a suit once, for his senior prom. He was quite dashing too!

At any rate, it makes no sense for us to buy one and were thinking about renting from Men's Warehouse since that is where we rented his prom tux. He is also a BIG guy, and not tall so it's harder to find decent suits and Men's Warehouse did a great job suiting him.

I am hoping they are reasonable if he has to have the suit for a week. I'm not sure if we will have a non-sailing guest who can take it back for us but that would be our other option.

Wow...I offically love this website! All of you are great!!! I feel like I have options now and have a starting place. Thanks so much I think I am going to look into the sales at mens wharehouse and pennys sounds like the guys can buy a inexpensive suit for close to the price of renting!

I had orginally planned in my mind to forsure have all of the men in the brial party wearing a tux. But we are getting married prior to the ship sailing in Tampa therefore from what I have read on here there is not the option to rent suits when you are having the wedding the same day of setting sail it is accurate information? If so, let me take you into my crazy world of questions I need some input and advice. I have not yet priced renting suits as of yet from my understanding it can get a very expensive expesially if they will be rented for a enitre week while cruising. Is that the case? I don't want the bridal party to have more cost on top of booking the cruise. I also have had people say well have someone return them who is not sailing. I my thoughts were that's tacky. "ok guys take off your suits before we sail so they can be returned" ha ha So my other thought is to go to a department store and pick out dress pants and dress shirt and color coodinating tie and have the guys purchase that. Not my first choice by any means but it looks like all the guys will be sailing and I just don't want to make anyone fork out anymore money than they already are going to. Alright Ladies...I need your input and knowledge.

If you rent them from mens wearhouse, you pay for every extra day.... its not worth it. For the same amount of money you can buy the suits/tuxs to keep. Just Sayin!

If you rent them from mens wearhouse, you pay for every extra day.... its not worth it. For the same amount of money you can buy the suits/tuxs to keep. Just Sayin!

This is what I needed to know!

Yikes!!!

I may have to rethink whether or not he will wear a suit at all.

We'd be wasting our money even if we bought him one!

I went to my local mens wearhouse a few days ago and asked what they would charge for us to have the tuxs for a week and a half, and they said a rental and a half. So if the whole thing was $100, it would be $150 total.

• 4 weeks later...

Another cruise bride who had her wedding recently did an excellent job with what the groomsmen wore. In fact I'm stealing her idea!!! She had them just wear black dress pants, a white shirt, and than ties matching her wedding colors. It still looks amazing but you can get these items for well under a $100 dollars.

Another cruise bride who had her wedding recently did an excellent job with what the groomsmen wore. In fact I'm stealing her idea!!! She had them just wear black dress pants, a white shirt, and than ties matching her wedding colors. It still looks amazing but you can get these items for well under a $100 dollars.

This would really be a good idea if you have a at least one guy to match each of your colors. We have only our son in the wedding and three wedding colors. Since we can't afford to keep a rental tux for a week, and buying him a suit would be a waste of money, we are also looking for a inexpensive way to outfit him. I like this idea and he would be able to choose a tie out of our 3 colors. I might now even mind buying him a vest to make it somewhat dressy looking.

Our other thought was Khakis and a white shirt, with our daughter in a summer dress that reflects one of our 3 colors; purple, orange & fuchsia. It's going to be in the heat of summer and we also want them to be comfortable!

Our group is fairly small (9-11 people) so I just asked everyone to do the following: women please wear red dresses or red tops and black pants AND men please wear black suits or sportcoats, white shirts and red ties. That way we will all coordinate in the photos but I will stand out since I am wearing a champagne dress and red hydrangeas with gold leaves and wrapped in black and white toille ribbon. They will each receive either a single blossom red renunculous (sp?) corsage with 3 gold leaves and black/white dotted ribbon or a single bud red renunculous bout. with one gold leaf. Paul will have a red calle lilly with one gold leaf. Then if the little girls go along, they will wear white flower girl dresses with big red sashes, circles of red berries in their hair and carry nosegays of one red hydrangea and gold tulle and wrapped with the same toille ribbon as mine. The topper will be red hydrangeas with tape wrapped stems to push into the top of the cake and the numbers 4 0 in red and attached to wooden scewers to push in inbetween the petals. I think this takes all three of our colors into consideration . . . ruby red, gold and black (with a little white just to calm things down).

Archived