Where is Celebrity's big S-class announcement?

Infi

Hi Andy and 6502!

You guys may have already touched on this and I missed it - but are there any plans mentioned to retro-fit the older S-class models? For example, is the HGS show going away on all the ships, or just not being set-up on the newer ones. Thanks a lot. ;)

Hi Don !

That all sounds about right. Just to clarify... Im not sure that S-Class 6 & 7 will never happen. Dan just said No 6 & 7 at this time. Hopefully, it's still on the drawing board. It probably makes a great deal of sense to sit back, and see how these changes go, and see if the economy improves, before investing another 1.5 - 2 billion dollars for 2 more ships.

While I'd love to see more ships, in this crazy economy, I wouldnt write the check at this time.

Hi Andy and 6502!

You guys may have already touched on this and I missed it - but are there any plans mentioned to retro-fit the older S-class models? For example, is the HGS show going away on all the ships, or just not being set-up on the newer ones. Thanks a lot. ;)

That one was asked. Nope, there are no plans to refit Solstice, Equinox, or Eclipse. There was some flowery language about how good they are, and how this is an evolution, but that while they may in the future, there are no current plans to do so.

Hi Andy and 6502!

Hi PS !

The question was asked, and the answer on re-fitting the 3 current S-Class ships was, "not at this time". I hope this helps.

Hi Don !

That all sounds about right. Just to clarify... Im not sure that S-Class 6 & 7 will never happen. Dan just said No 6 & 7 at this time. Hopefully, it's still on the drawing board. It probably makes a great deal of sense to sit back, and see how these changes go, and see if the economy improves, before investing another 1.5 - 2 billion dollars for 2 more ships.

While I'd love to see more ships, in this crazy economy, I wouldnt write the check at this time.

I would also guess that if it does happen, they would not be S 7or 8 but a new class.

Hi PS !

The question was asked, and the answer on re-fitting the 3 current S-Class ships was, "not at this time". I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, Andy! I think the new changes sound very interesting, but I'm not sure that everyone will like the loss of the HGS, and maybe not like the changes to Michael's Club, so the option of utilizing one of the older ships may be a good idea. For now. :D

Hi 6502 !

I'm excited about the Lawn Club concepts. I really liked what I heard, and the drawings look fantastic ! When I saw Solstice the very first day she was in Florida, my first reaction was "wow, they could have done a LOT more with this area". I've never loved it as it stands.... but with that said, I feel that Celebrity now has it right, and will make the Lawn Club a prime destination.

My only regret... these exciting venues come at the expense of the HGS, which is disappointing. I truly wish they found a way to do both, but it's not going to happen. Hopefully, it's something to think about, on S-Class 6 & 7, or the next Class of Celebrity ships.

While I do not know the "official" answer to the Michael's Club beer question, it would seem to make sense the beer would be included in the alcohol packages. I think there would be a big outcry if it wasn't included. We will see what happens.

That is unfortunate about HGS, but I can understand why they are done with it. It is non-revenue, and likely consumes a lot of resources. I'm glad to have ships that have it, but am equally glad to see that some ships will have the choice of a GREATLY expanded lawn area.

I agree with you COMPLETELY that this is a completion on the execution of making the lawn club a destination on the ship. I can only imagine the backroom bickering that took place between the HGS/non-HGS folks. I imagine that this is a polite nod to the non's, making the lawn club what it was originally set out to be.

I LOVE the Michael's Club idea. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! On our last cruise, my first with a package, I was struck by the dearth of beers. There was little that jumped out at me and made me want to drink it instead of cool, tasty, and refreshing beverages from bartenders. Now, Michael's Club will be a place I'll want to go and spend a lot of time. I do enjoy listening to a pianist from time to time, so that is something I'll miss, but the overall value is a win for me on that. Good beer and upscale snacks sounds like a good time to me!

I only wish we could have posted pictures. Some of those drawings and renderings were PHENOMENAL--especially the lawn club stuff.

Overall I am excited about the changes, though I'll really miss hot glass. I love craft beers so am thrilled with the Michael's Club changes. The new food venues sound enticing as well as some of the new activities such as the cooking demonstrations. I may have to switch one of my upcoming cruises to Silly and try them out.

Overall I am excited about the changes, though I'll really miss hot glass. I love craft beers so am thrilled with the Michael's Club changes. The new food venues sound enticing as well as some of the new activities such as the cooking demonstrations. I may have to switch one of my upcoming cruises to Silly and try them out.

I totally agree with you about Michael's Club - microbrews = good:D

"Silly"! Is that what people are calling her now???

The S Class don't go to Alaska (and won't) until the Panama Canal is widened. Too expensive to sail it around the Cape plus the M Class "fit" into the Alaska ports better. That probably will not change, at least for just the HGS removal.

I totally agree with you about Michael's Club - microbrews = good:D

"Silly"! Is that what people are calling her now???

Unfortunately, that is why many thought the name was not a great idea as it was picked up right away on this board. I think their PR department should have picked it up...

The S Class don't go to Alaska (and won't) until the Panama Canal is widened. Too expensive to sail it around the Cape plus the M Class "fit" into the Alaska ports better. That probably will not change, at least for just the HGS removal.

Never say never. Voyager class was never going to be in Europe and look now at Independence. If they can get S-class into some of those ports in Europe, look for it to go to AK, you can count on it.

Good point, I think also there is more money to be made in Europe...If they were to go to the lengths of getting the ship around the Cape to go to Alaska, any perceived problems with the ambien temperature of the glass show would be solved....

Didnt sound like it, but I agree it should have. That's one of the few things I feel doesnt work on the S-Class. It just sounds like 1 additional deck will be added, and everything else moves up 1 deck. This will ONLY happen on Reflection - not Silhouette.

I am wondering however, since they said something about 248 extra chairs at pool deck. Where will this space come from?

I am wondering however, since they said something about 248 extra chairs at pool deck. Where will this space come from?

Hi SoBe !

In the case of Reflection, the ship is going to be slightly wider, and I believe slightly longer. Perhaps that's how they will be able to add chairs.

This is just a guess, but I bet they reduce the Waterfountain area and maybe put in a larger "bridge" area between the pools (like on the M Class). Plus the extra width may allow for more space but doubt they are going a full 8 to 10 feet in width, but who knows.

Interested as to where the new AQ Suites and these extra rooms will be? Certainly not an entire New Deck.

Kinda sorry to hear they are expanding BLU, I know they will have additional passengers in AQ but that was kind of nice that is was small. ALso, with AQ Suites, does that mean a 3rd berth for AQ??????? Please say no (although it would help my family situation out personally, still would rather not have "3rd" passengers in AQ)

As to Michaels, I like the sound of this. Certainly seems they are moving the target a little bit as to the market niche, wonder how that will play out?

Archived