Things we don't like on Fred!!

CRUISIN LINDA

Not been on Fred for a number of years...............will not be going again especially if the wine has disappeared along with the waiters :mad: Will some kind soul put me in the picture re drinks with Dinner as we are due to go on Braemar soon'

Many thanks..... hassop

You can order your wine via interactive TV in your cabin and it will appear on your table ready for you to pour:) Not sure about other drinks though maybe you get them from the bar yourself:confused:

Not been on Fred for a number of years...............will not be going again especially if the wine has disappeared along with the waiters :mad: Will some kind soul put me in the picture re drinks with Dinner as we are due to go on Braemar soon'

Many thanks..... hassop

The waiters still bring you drinks (wine or whatever you want) but they are your regular table waiters not wine waiters. If you know exactly what you want then the only downside is that they can only do one thing at a time and therefore something has to suffer. Ideally you order before going to dinner which relieves the pressure on the staff.

• 5 weeks later...
I haven't got my tickets yet:(:(

Although that is not Fred's fault. They said they had sent them to Bolsover and they say they have sent them to us. Right - blame the Post Office:D

Last year we had the same problem less than 2 weeks and no tickets, we contacted Fred you said they had been sent to travel agent, travel agent said they had been sent out?????? 2 days later called into travel agent and lo and behold they were there waiting for us to pick up:eek: I would pester your TA. Hope you get them soon

So agree with the post about shore excursions. I know it's an older crowd on FO but the choice is generally very poor. Where there have been more interesting options it's been great - a walking tour in Maderia along the levadas was really enjoyable, and people of all ages took part.

Last year we had the same problem less than 2 weeks and no tickets, we contacted Fred you said they had been sent to travel agent, travel agent said they had been sent out?????? 2 days later called into travel agent and lo and behold they were there waiting for us to pick up:eek: I would pester your TA. Hope you get them soon

They have arrived today- hooray. Couldn't call in for them, booked over the 'phone and Bolsover Cruise Club is based in Sheffield :D

They have arrived today- hooray. Couldn't call in for them, booked over the 'phone and Bolsover Cruise Club is based in Sheffield :D

Don't forget to let us know how much you enjoyed your cruise, we'll be on Braemar in March, Have a great cruise:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - tempted by a cruise to West Africa, but it's on Braemar and I've read at least three terrible reviews. Bad shaking of the ship? Vibrations felt throughout the ship at night? Had the same on Artemis and vowed I wouldn't put up with it again.

Anyone any views?

Hi - tempted by a cruise to West Africa, but it's on Braemar and I've read at least three terrible reviews. Bad shaking of the ship? Vibrations felt throughout the ship at night? Had the same on Artemis and vowed I wouldn't put up with it again.

Anyone any views?

I sailed on Braemar across the Atlantic & a couple of mini's...on the long 17 day transatlantic she was superb...no vibrations or anything except if she has to reverse out of a berth, which can cause the dinner table to empty its contents :D

Granted I went on her before she was stretched, so could have improved by now. The one thing that she & her sister Gemini have in common is the sideways shuffle if its choppy...nowt bad really, just feels a bit like you've had a pint or two too many when trying to walk in a straight line. The crew frequently made fun of her for that :)

Anyone any views?

We sailed on the Braemar last year in the carribean didn't feel any vibrations at all, enjoy

That's good to know, mustn't take too much notice of one bad review. We have only been P&O up to now and this West African cruise on Braemar looks really good. Thanks

I,ve sailed on both Artemis and Braemar,I said I would never sail on Artemis again after spending 3 weeks on her ,being shook up.

I had a weeks cruise on Braemar in the cheapest single next to the laundry.No vibration, no noise ,peaceful sleep on a lovely ship ,with a great atmosphere and crew.

I,ve done the Cape Verde cruise twice and on the 20th. March will go again, on Boudicca.

I looked at the Braemar cruise ,in the preview brochure they say they visit Banjul but its dropped on FOs website. However the price and nights are still the same and at £3.199 for a single greatly overpriced.

Otherwise a very nice cruise to do.

I e-mailed FO about Banjul and they are changing the website, because the brochure is correct, they are going to Banjul.

Thanks for the info, I think we might definitely go for it :-) Is there ever Free Parking at Dover like you get with P&O

I don,t know about free parking at Dover,you may get it with a TA deal ,otherwise I think it has to be paid for.

My first cruise to Cape Verde was to include Banjul but we didn,t call there ,something to do with Black Prince getting stuck in the river there and the none availability of a tug.So you will be luckier than us if you get there.

Just a little addon ,the cabins at the front of the ship under and over the theater I believe can be noisy during performance times.:)

I've been to both Banjul and Dakar when I was a stewardess. Hmmm, the more reviews I read, the more I think we will not like the Braemar. She's pretty small and flat-bottomed. Sigh, will wait to see what P&O are offering before making a decision.

I've been to both Banjul and Dakar when I was a stewardess. Hmmm, the more reviews I read, the more I think we will not like the Braemar. She's pretty small and flat-bottomed. Sigh, will wait to see what P&O are offering before making a decision.

If you want a 'sea ship', try Balmoral Jean. She was purpose built for world cruising...and the most expensive ship built in 1988 she has the largest stabilisers & ballast tanks of her class and the first to have in built balconies too.

I cruised around Cape Horn on her in 2005 and she faced 40ft seas without so much as a quibble.

Lovely ship and from what I can gather, she was not ruined in that respect by her stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from an excellent leg of the world cruise on Balmoral, very comfortable ship, one or two concerns, Internet service needs to be better and cheaper if they want to attract the working as opposed to the retired class, excursions and transfers are too expensive, often better to do your own thing where practical, eg Oz, NZ etc, could also do with more shade on top deck for warmer climes. Apart from that an enjoyable trip with good entertainment, food, activities etc. Ship rides rough seas very well, we certainly had some in the Tasman Sea. Will certainly consider FO again and the Balmoral.

Archived