back of ship balcony cabin ?

i'mdoedoe

• 2 weeks later...

We LOVE the Aft Balconies! We have only cruised twice but got an Aft Balcony on both. The first time was on the Carnival Sensation, and it was wonderful. We spent alot of time on our balcony every night after getting back to our room. Our 2nd cruise was aboard the Carnival Dream, we didn't care for this Aft Balcony as much. The reason is because if we looked up we could see the people above us and if we looked down we could see the people below us. On the Sensation, the back of the ship was built differently so that the balconies were stacked one on top of antoher instead of tiered. We enjoyed the Sensation Aft balcony much more and if we were to cruise the Dream again we would just get a side balcony.

We did feel much vibration when we were docking in the early AM, but im not sure if the whole boat felt it or just the back.

We didn't mind the walking at all and never found it inconvenient. If you don't like walking you may find it to be a problem. We don't mind being active.

There was much less traffic in the back of the boat which was nice and we never had to deal with noisy hallways.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont quite understand why the walk to the AFT bothers some people. It did not bother us at all. My 11 yr old son would take the key and Ruuuuuun down the hall and beat us in. I am 50 and my husband was 48 on the cruise. We workout regularly. Maybe if one is disabled?

I liked staying AFT because that is where the WJ is, kids club, kids pool, etc. We loved the size of the balcony. As far as the neighbors were concerned. I saw them in the undies and even a nakkie(took his suit off) little one from the suite below. I went out in my jammies in the morning. Noone really cared, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the aft balcony premium view on the Freedom. Got the room next to us also, hoping it can be opened up so our party of 6 can share one xlarge balcony. Loved everyone's view one the aft balconies :D can't wait to be standing on ours :rolleyes:

Just booked the aft balcony premium view on the Freedom. Got the room next to us also, hoping it can be opened up so our party of 6 can share one xlarge balcony. Loved everyone's view one the aft balconies :D can't wait to be standing on ours :rolleyes:

Congrats on your afts! Once we went aft, that's the only way my DH will cruise.

But as for opening the partitions, some ships will do it and some will not (even in the same line). I know on the Triumph they would not open the aft balcony when we were on it. But it's totally up to the captain. Just wanted to warn you ahead of time so in case it did not work out you would not be too disappointed.

But even with the aft balconies closed the partitions still angle, so it's easier to talk around than the side balconies.

We LOVE Aft Balconies! I am very worried about going back to a regular balcony now that we will need a quad. I never minded the longer walk, especially after eating all that FOOD!We always have the steward arrange for a chais lounge instead of the little plastic chair, and they FIT out there! Nice and quiet, bigger space outside, less hall traffic, and the smoke from other passengers balconies was never a problem. I will miss it on our next cruise!

We usually stay mid ship balconies and just got back from a cruise that we had an aft balcony. There is more movement, vibration and noise. However we loved sitting on the back and watching the wake. We never noticed docking in the mid ship cabins but you feel them all in the aft so just be prepared early in the morning and the noise goes on for 30 - 45 minutes.

• 1 month later...

We did notice a difference in the movement when we stayed in an aft balcony after only having been in a side balcony before. This would depend on how the bed was oriented, but if the bed has the head or foot facing the balcony, the side balcony rocks you side to side. An aft balcony rocks you head to foot. Not bad, just different.

I've had motion sickness issues most of my life at carnivals, on small boats and in airplanes, but NEVER got sick on a cruise. I think it's just a matter of scale. I DO notice that I "sway" when I'm standing still on land for about a week after we get off, though. :)

We just got back from our cruise on the Equinox. We had an aft corner cabin and we just loved it. The view was great. Walking from the back of the ship was not at all a hassle. I always felt a little less guilty for eating that extra food. lol Try it, you'll probably like it.

Linda

You make a good case for the walk back! :D

Due to the design of the ships, a back aft cabin will be different on a Celebrity M class (a penthouse) or a Celebrity S class (family style OR sky suites) because of the closed ship design THAN a Junior Suite on Deck 7 of a Freedom class RCCL ship (open back design....).

Archived