No Chocolate Milk on RCI Ships???

For whatever this is worth, on our previous cruises (5 in a row) when our daughter was younger on the first night in the main dining she would order a black and white milkshake, and every night thereafter when we would arrive at our table, the milkshake was there. She hasn't traveled with us for the last 6 years, so maybe that wouldn't happen today.

I've gotten chocolate milk in the MDR in the morning. I was in the mood for it one night around 9 pm or so (about a year ago) and went to the Windjammer to ask for it. The guy left and was gone for a good 5-7 minutes or so but came back with chocolate milk...though I can't remember if it was in a glass or carton now.

Our kids got what they started calling "chocolate, chocolate milk" in the MDR on the Voyager every evening. Our wait staff made it for them. It was chocolate syrup in white milk. They got very fancy with the designs on the side of the glass. The boys loved it and had so much fun with our wait staff. If they have the syrup for ice cream sundaes they will certainly make it for you, just ask.

I believe that there were cartons of chocolate milk in the WJ for breakfast, but I really can't remember.

I have major chocolate milk drinkers in the family and noticed that chocolate milk was not placed out with the small milk containers anymore but you could easily ask and get a few.

We asked for a few in the AM and stored it in the fridge in our cabin.

We also would stop in the WJ at night if supply was low to re-stock!!!:o

Speaking of milk...

...what kind of regular milk is provided in the Windjammer?

I'm from Sweden and therefor not familiar with american milk.

Here we basically have three sorts.

Light milk: 0,5% fat

Middle milk: 1,5% fat

Regular milk: 3% fat

Do you have similar grades of the fat level in your milk?

RCCL serves whole milk (3% or maybe 3.5%, not sure which) and skim (0%). If you want other like 2%, mix the two cartons together and throw out the milk you don't drink. Waste, yeah, but that's the only way to get 1% or 2% milk.

I never saw chocolate milk cartons in the WJ, but I did see chocolate syrup near the desserts, so you could make your own. Also, try mixing some white milk with the chocolate soft serve ice cream for a free shake. And the hot chocolate packets are pretty good.

Is milk included at all meals? I was just thinking about that for dinner in the MDR for my kids.

You should just ask your waiter for it. I even ordered milk for myself to have with dessert. I just asked for that when they took orders for coffee.

• 11 months later...
We have non-fat which is like drinking colored water, 1%, 2% and regular milk.

Oh how I long for the "full cream" milk that I could get in Australia. It was wonderful.

DON

Australian whole milk is 4% fat so buy whole milk and add some heavy cream to it. . Remember to take an extra cholesterol pill that day (LOL)

When Sailing on the Mariner in Nov 2010, noticed that they had chocolate milk in the Cafe Promenade. One had to ask for it though. In Windjammer, I do recall seeing it at lunch.

On the Independence this last June, I did ask for chocolate milk at the Cafe Promenade and they didn't have. I don't remember seeing it in windjammer at anytime.

American milk has similar fat content but not exactly the same.

Whole (regular) milk - 3.5%

Reduced fat milk - 2%

Low fat milk - 1%

Skim milk - 0.5% fat

I've have a hard time finding the 2% and 1% onboard. I always buy the 2% fat milk at home so prefer that taste. I've never had a problem finding whole or skim milk onboard. I've occasionally seen chocolate milk but it does seem to disappear quickly. I don't drink it so I've never asked the staff for one. In the US, chocolate milk is made with whole milk.

I've never tasted Swedish milk so I don't know whether foxesden1 is correct about the taste difference.

Those dreaded Swedish Cows and their milk conspiracies :p

I can tell ya that the Jewel makes great choc milk. I got it in the MDR every night :D. I never asked for it in the WJ, but if they can make it in the MDR, they surely can make it in the WJ. Then if ya don't want to have somebody make you some, make your own.....next to the ice cream machine is a bottle of choc syrup for sundaes. Squirt ya some of that in a carton of milk, and viola! (at least at lunch time...breakfast probably won't have the bottle of choc out then)

Last week on Freedom, my nephew was offered Chocolate milk in the MDR. Once he figured out that they would keep bringing more, he would drink it faster until finally they brought a extra carton out for him. There was also a tray of Chocolate milk available in the Windjammer during breakfast and lunch as well. I know they portion it all out because on Friday during breakfast his mother asked about the milk and he went and got some from a refrigerator behind the salad/fresh greens area in the WJ.

Archived