sushi

Croozer101

does carnival charge extra for their sushi bar I think its located up by the buffet so I am wondering if its iincluded? also the specialty coffee shops ? extra ? what about milk for the children incl in MDR and buffet ? what about in betweentime? Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Carnival does not charge for sushi. However, in my experience, the guys making it are only permitted to make certain rolls. On the Glory, if I recall, they were a California roll, a cooked shrimp roll, and a cucumber roll. Also it was all made ahead, not made to order. No raw fish. No nigiri sushi. No special requests.

Also, Carnival does charge for "specialty" coffees, MDR and elsewhere. Regular coffee is free, though.

Carnival does not charge for sushi. However, in my experience, the guys making it are only permitted to make certain rolls. On the Glory, if I recall, they were a California roll, a cooked shrimp roll, and a cucumber roll. Also it was all made ahead, not made to order. No raw fish. No nigiri sushi. No special requests.

Also, Carnival does charge for "specialty" coffees, MDR and elsewhere. Regular coffee is free, though.

They certainly don't take custom orders, but we have had Nigiri, salmon/tuna/shrimp as well as raw sushi, usually just tuna and salmon.

They certainly don't take custom orders, but we have had Nigiri, salmon/tuna/shrimp as well as raw sushi, usually just tuna and salmon.

Thats a big improvement then. Glad to hear. But made-ahead sushi would still not make it to my plate.

• 2 weeks later...
They were rolling fresh on my last cruise..also made rolls for my daughter and her friend that were veggie friendly..

Was it great no. But it was ok a nice little bite before a late dinner.

Yes its true its rolled fresh. But on the other hand, its nothing extraordinary. No raw fish, just smoked and cooked fish plus the veggies. My experience on Celebrity was much more better.

• 3 weeks later...
The pictures of sushi. really makes me crave and also my mouth is watering. I'm so excited for our Christmas Cruise this year, and I hope there's a sushi in their buffet. :)

I have never seen Sushi like this offered on any buffets. This is from IZUMI, the specialty restaurant on Oasis of the Seas. I hope my post of pictures wasnt misleading!

We mostly sail on RCI and we waited for years and years for them to have REAL sushi on board....and, finally....IZUMI on board Oasis (& Allure) HIT IT!!!

DSC_0918.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

That looks so good! I can't wait to hit Izumi in Dec. Is it all you can eat, alacarte, or prefix menu? Did you have the Hot Rock thing too?

• 2 weeks later...

Your sushi pictures look great! I am glad we are getting sushi for dinner tonight! :)

I was only on Carnival once but there sushi bar was good. They changed it up a bit each night serving three different types of rolls and fish. They did have raw tuna, salmon, and yellowtail.

WOW those sushi photos look great!

There is no charge for coffee, cappuccino, espresso & hot chocolate in the MDR on Carnival. This goes for breakfast, lunch & dinner:)

• 2 weeks later...
That looks so good! I can't wait to hit Izumi in Dec. Is it all you can eat, alacarte, or prefix menu? Did you have the Hot Rock thing too?

Our son (18.5) enjoyed the hot rock, he had beef. DD (23) was afraid to explore how to cook chicken on a hot rock and passed. DH and I enjoyed as much sushi as we were able. I would recommend Izumi for a wonderful night with wonderful service and excellent food.

Edamame is complimentary and unlimited.

You will enjoy Izumi.

I probably should have noted that they made our sushi rolls with soy paper. We usually eat our sushi rolls with white seaweed or soy paper and they had no problem accommodating our request. Yours might look a little different and maybe even more authentic to other folks made with the usual and typical (dark) nori seaweed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived