Searching for crewmembers Sitmar's FAIRSEA 1964

On 11/30/2018 at 8:26 AM, carchiba0 said:

Hi, does anyone have a crew list from sv fairsea which sailed in Nov/Dec 1965 getting to Southampton in early Jan 1966? I can see a crew list from slightly earlier in 1965 but not sure if the crew rotated or not. Much appreciated, Colin

Colin are you still looking? is it for a family member? I'm looking for my father who was on the Fairsea on 1965, sailed July 1965 from Australia to Southampton

On 5/21/2015 at 4:43 AM, Lhurry said:

Hi there

Looking for anyone who may know of the crew list on the fair sea 1960, leaving melbourne for Southampton 13/3/60

Would really appreciate some help...looking for an Italian crew member who was possibly called guido......

Need help with some research......only.....

Many thanks

Leonie

Hi Leonie have you found out any information? Im looking for my father who travelled on the Fairsea in July 1965 to Southampton, best wishes Carolyn

Hello Carolyn thank you for your reply I think my father’s name was Marc or Marco or something similar not 100% sure , I have done a DNA test and found a half brother, I am starting to realise there are a lot of Sitmar babies out there I was born in November 1961 so looking for a voyage to Australia in early 1961, on the Fairsky Fairsea or Fairstar not sure which one, I’ve only just started on this path so not sure where it will go, my father has probably passed away so I’m not getting my hopes up to much but it would be good to trace family history, how have you gone with your search any tips would be very much appreciated, Regards Whooshgo 

Hi Whooshgo

Thanks for your reply

Yes happy to discuss ancestry please email me on visioningourfutures@btinternet.com and let me know which ancestry website you use and your name for that and the journey taken on the Sitmar line and I will see what I can do to help

I do like the idea of being a Sitmar baby, that made me smile! We should set up a group. 😆

Best wishes

Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2010 at 8:57 AM, Giopas said:

Hello,

I have been a Purser for 27 years and in 1964 I was Third Purser on M/v FAIRSEA of Sitmar Lines.

Regards

Giorgio Pastorini

Giorgio I like many others are looking for crew members of the Fairsea, in the early to mid 60’s ,do you have any memory or documentation of names of crew in particular ,someone whose name may have been Marco or something similar , any help would be very much appreciated by myself and others. Regards Whooshgo 

Edited by Whooshgo

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2020 at 12:33 AM, Whooshgo said:

Giorgio I like many others are looking for crew members of the Fairsea, in the early to mid 60’s ,do you have any memory or documentation of names of crew in particular ,someone whose name may have been Marco or something similar , any help would be very much appreciated by myself and others. Regards Whooshgo 

Hi Whooshgo

I hope you're well. 

I've found my dad 😊

My email is now manageyourlanguage@btinternet.com

Best wishes 

Carolyn

• 9 months later...
On 9/18/2021 at 8:19 AM, Carolyn11 said:

Hi Whooshgo

I hope you're well. 

I've found my dad 😊

My email is now manageyourlanguage@btinternet.com

Best wishes 

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn such great news you found your father, how did you track him down, regards Whooshgo

• 4 months later...

Hello, I am searching for crew lists from Fairsea Leaving Southhampton in Feb 1965 and arriving in Melbourne April 1965? 

I was conceived on this voyage by someone who I now understand was not the man that bought me up, I am led to believe that it was a crew member. Unfortunately mum and dad are both deceased, I would love to locate some of my biological family and thus far have had not too many leads, DNA tests have given some distant cousins and I have had contact with someone who may be able to help, if I was to locate a crew list from that voyage I may be able to pin point my dad 😃

Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Lisa

12 hours ago, Lisa 1965 said:

Hello, I am searching for crew lists from Fairsea Leaving Southhampton in Feb 1965 and arriving in Melbourne April 1965? 

I was conceived on this voyage by someone who I now understand was not the man that bought me up, I am led to believe that it was a crew member. Unfortunately mum and dad are both deceased, I would love to locate some of my biological family and thus far have had not too many leads, DNA tests have given some distant cousins and I have had contact with someone who may be able to help, if I was to locate a crew list from that voyage I may be able to pin point my dad 😃

Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Lisa

Unfortunately, I can't think of any easy solution to assist with your search.

Your search is made more challenging due to the fact the crew list will have changed many times throughout a 2-month voyage, with some crew changing in many of the ports. Having spent 40+ yrs at sea, with almost 30 in command, I had access to a daily crew list, but it is not a document we retained.

Regardless of the challenges, here are a few suggestions:

- Search for some Sitmar crew websites. Crew managed websites and discussion forums were very popular for the older ships, but sadly are declining, as many of the older crew pass away. Establishing contact with some Sitmar crew from that era, may help your search, accepting that any senior crew will no longer be with us.

- Contact the company directly. Sitmar was purchased by P&O Steam Navigation Company in 1988, with P&O Cruises then purchased by Carnival in 2003. Therefore, old Sitmar records are now owned by Carnival.

Good luck with your search.