Norwegian Pearl Outdoor Decks

Gaprofitt

Hi all,

I understand the top decks on the pearl are horrible for viewing for Alaska due to the wind partitions. How is the viewing from the lower decks and which decks have viewing? Does the lower decks wrap completely around the ship? How close can you get to the front of the ship? What rooms are closest to these decks.. Thinking poor mans balcony.. :)

Thanks,

Hi all,

I understand the top decks on the pearl are horrible for viewing for Alaska due to the wind partitions. How is the viewing from the lower decks and which decks have viewing? Does the lower decks wrap completely around the ship? How close can you get to the front of the ship? What rooms are closest to these decks.. Thinking poor mans balcony.. :)

Thanks,

The promenade deck is open at the sides and stern, giving excellent views in those directions (and it's well sheltered against the rain, too); unfortunately, the forward portion of the promenade deck is completely enclosed by steel walls - it allows you to walk all the way around the ship, but you get zero forward view (unless you've got xray vision and can see through several steel bulkheads ;)).

The aft of the ship has great views - see photo below. We even went up front for a while. We could see fine but the plastic panels weren't so great for photos. I just got really good at positioning the camera in the gaps.

You probably won't want to stay inside (buffet restaurant) or on your balcony. It's much more fun to run around everywhere to see everything.

2252749490104013758S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi all,

Thanks,

Openings.jpg

I think this was the pool deck

SecretPlace.jpg

Sun Deck (Pearl) front

DSCF2047.jpg

Rear of ship Deck 11

DSCF1552.jpg

Taken through slot in wind screen

Archived