RCL Stockholder benefits

Some of you might remember that RCL used to offer special discounts to stockholders in addition to loyalty discounts. They are considering reinstating those if they receive enough requests in their database from the stockholders. Please spread the word and write a letter, call or email:

Primary Ivestor Relations Contact

Ian M. Bailey Jr.

VP, Investor Relations

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Phone: (305) 982- 2625

Fax: (305) 539-6400

E-mail:investorrelations@rccl.com

Reply from Corporate Guest Relations 12/28/10 "Guest feedback is an important part of our success. I appreciate your valuable suggestion regarding reinstating the combinability of stockholder and loyalty coupons. This idea has been submitted into a database which is regularly published to our operational teams for review."

For example:

Dear Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Investor Relations,

I have been a loyal RCL follower for years, on your ships and in the stock market. I truly feel that you need to congratulate your stockholders. We are the ones who have brought the price back up to 2007 levels and certainly at a better pace and percentage than Carnival. I can understand your not wanting to resume dividends with all the new ships that have been released.

I would like to request that you re-instate the previous stockholder discounts and allow them to be combined with Crown & Anchor discounts. I look forward to your response.

Happily sailing, RB

Please let them know how you feel and we can make a difference!

I'm onboard with sending an e-mail to request reinstatement of combinability of shareholder benefits with diamond balcony discounts, savings certificates and onboard booking credits. RCCL reinstated combinability of diamond balcony discounts with onboard booking credits about a year ago. I think it's time that stockholders were given a similar offering.

That would be nice, but I don't receive any "perks" from any other stock that I own. It was great while it lasted, but perhaps they realized that not many other companies do this.

It's been debated before, but to me, the on-board credit, which is actually still available, just not combinable, which makes it mostly useless (except first time RCCL cruisers who happen to own 100 shares), is in-line with getting a dividend from owning a stock. So if you have stocks that give you divends then you are getting a "perk", IMHO.

Scott

It's been debated before, but to me, the on-board credit, which is actually still available, just not combinable, which makes it mostly useless (except first time RCCL cruisers who happen to own 100 shares), is in-line with getting a dividend from owning a stock. So if you have stocks that give you divends then you are getting a "perk", IMHO.

Scott

True, but before RCCL was giving you both dividends and a stock OBC. I was referring to when they used to give you both, since the dividend as you say is a "perk", then the stock OBC was a double "perk".:D

thanks for the "nudge" - just wrote them and said even if it were just restored to the possible mix, rather than being limited to no balcony when no Next Cruise or Savings Certificate available; it'd be a good feeling and incentive to at least have an option to combine with SOMETHING -

As it is, I hesitate to book if I don't have a Next Cruise on hand, because I can't use the SHB - any two or three would be some improvement - and not double dipping, since they allow all the other combinations. It really devalues the Shareholder Benefit for it not to be included as combinable. It would give shareholders the same respect afforded those who book on board and I think that's deserved.

Under the "nothing ventured, nothing gained" philosophy, I just sent an email.

A few weeks ago, I was asked to participate in a Survey regarding a recent Jewel cruise. My only comment for improvement was a request that the company allow its investors to combine the Shareholder Benefit with 1 additional benefit (as it allows with every other benefit). Hopefully, that survey will make its way to Investor Relations, as well.

Thanks for the recommendation, and contact info!!! ~ LL

I think you may be confused. The stockholder discount is still available...it never went away.

See http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

If you mean combinability, well, that's a different issue, but not what the OP was about.

I assumed that was what the thread was about. I just used my shareholder benefit on my last cruise, as I was in a non-balcony cabin and had no other benefit to use. Frankly, now that they've dropped the NextCruise/Future Cruise OBC to $25, for the 3-5 night cruises, the shareholder benefit is superior.

However, it just doesn't seem fair (oh ... there's that "f-word" :eek:) that you can combine 2 of all the other benefits except for shareholder's. Perhaps they are assuming that we all bought our stock when it was down to $5/share (I WISH ... I'm up now, but not by a lot). :)

I took it to be (mostly) about combinabilty -

from OP - "I would like to request that you re-instate the previous stockholder discounts and allow them to be combined with Crown & Anchor. . .

(discounts referring to (Shareholder Benefit OBC)

my response - "thanks for the nudge - just emailed them that even if it were just restored to the mix, rather than being limited to non balcony bookings without OnBoard Booking Credit or Savings Certificate available; it'd create good will AND incentive to at least have an option to combine with SOMETHING -

As it is, I hesitate to book if I don't have a Next Cruise on hand, because I can't use the SHB - allowing any two or three would be an improvement - and would not be double dipping, since all the other combinations are allowed.

It really devalues the Shareholder Benefit for it not to be included as combinable. That would give shareholders the same respect afforded those who book on board and I think that's deserved"

I think the above point has merit, (if I do say so myself)and is worthy of inclusion in emailing such a request.

We are going on the Mariner Of The Seas on April 29 for 12 nights and the travel agent has included a $400 obc. We are paying the same price as listed on the royal Caribbean website currently. If we are RCCL shareholders are we able to get the shareholder benefit too or is thus not combinable? We are inside cabin so not balcony or anything. We are platinum c&a but have not received any benefit for having this.

We are going on the Mariner Of The Seas on April 29 for 12 nights and the travel agent has included a $400 obc. We are paying the same price as listed on the royal Caribbean website currently. If we are RCCL shareholders are we able to get the shareholder benefit too or is thus not combinable?

Assuming it's funded by the TA which it sounds like it is, there would be no issue combining both.

That would be nice, but I don't receive any "perks" from any other stock that I own. It was great while it lasted, but perhaps they realized that not many other companies do this.
Ah but CCL(Carnival Corp.) does and they are RCI only real competition!

We are going on the Mariner Of The Seas on April 29 for 12 nights and the travel agent has included a $400 obc. We are paying the same price as listed on the royal Caribbean website currently. If we are RCCL shareholders are we able to get the shareholder benefit too or is thus not combinable? We are inside cabin so not balcony or anything. We are platinum c&a but have not received any benefit for having this.

We sailed Enchantment in Decemeber. I own RCI stock and wanted to use obc benefit and had obc through booking with a TA. Unfortunatly, we could not use both. RCI credited us the higher amount of obc though.

Reply from Corporate Guest Relations 12/28/10 "Guest feedback is an important part of our success. I appreciate your valuable suggestion regarding reinstating the combinability of stockholder and loyalty coupons. This idea has been submitted into a database which is regularly published to our operational teams for review."

Translation (My interpretation):

Guest feedback is an important part of our success. Your valuable suggestion has been duly considered and entered into our "database". This database in no way resembles a circular bucket located at the end of my desk, on the floor. In fact, periodically, this database gets so many good suggestions that it overfills! Yes, it is true! In those (rare) situations, we have our "operational teams" reexamine those suggestions, which is typically done by combining your valuable ideas with other equally valuable suggestions and creating a new larger "database". You should not read anything into the proximity of this larger circular "database" and the corporate shredder. Thank you for your comments, and Happy New Year!

(okay: I added the "Happy New Year")

:)

Personally, I sold my RCCL stock. Take a look at the attached image and you might consider doing the same.... Especially given all of the new (and larger!) ships, industry wide, that have recently been delivered, are being built, or are on-order right now ( == future industry-wide overcapacity, anyone?). But that is just me...

248816573_Picture2.jpg.93e24025c6158d7b1041775e5a330854.jpg

The RCI stock benefit is only useful If you are not booking a balcony(or higher) not using a fcc(Why not later cert.) or booking onboard.

And one more: If you a not booking a balcony and are on a 3-5 night cruise. The FCC and NextCruise certificates only give you $25 OBC, whereas the Shareholder Benefit gives you $50 OBC, on the shorties.

Thanks - that's a good reminder; and I just copied this from the Shareholder Benefit site at Investor Relations:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$ 50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

and realized that the shareholder benefit also outshines the Next Cruise booking credits (which are only $150 and $200 for the longer cruises) -

only at the 6-9 Night level is it a match at $100 -

So for an inside or outside stateroom, the shareholder benefit outranks Next Cruise (Why Not Later) when no savings certificate is available.

Still, I think it's a good time to rally by email OR snail mail for restoring some combinability before (possible) changes are announced.

investorrelations@rccl.com

Archived