No cabin assignment yet - should I call?

tango55

Hello. We booked the Sapphire Princess sailing Jan. 5th, 2011, a couple of weeks ago. We booked an inside guarantee but still don't have a cabin assignment. It's less than a week away - is this normal? Should I call them?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Just print your boarding pass and you will be fine. They will tell you your cabin assignment when you check in. Rest assured, you WILL have one. They aren't like the airlines where they have no qualms about bumping you if they are overbooked; the cruise lines will dish out ridiculous amounts of cruise credit to get other people to move their vacations to completely prevent involuntary bumping.

Hello. We booked the Sapphire Princess sailing Jan. 5th, 2011, a couple of weeks ago. We booked an inside guarantee but still don't have a cabin assignment. It's less than a week away - is this normal? Should I call them?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

The ship is overbooked, but not your worry. You will have a cabin. You could call and perhaps be told over the phone, but chances are your assignment might not happen until you arrive to check in. Have a great cruise!

I've never been in that situation, but if the OP calls, might they be offered a move over, since the ship is overbooked?

I doubt they'd be offered a moveover on the phone. Moveover offers are usually first made to those who are not flying into the port and those others whose bookings are linked with theirs. When we've gotten an offer it's been through the TA or by email directly. I don't know where the first poster is, but the 2nd one lives in Canada.

Archived