1st time cruiser-need advice on port roatan

underthemoon53

My fiance and I are getting married aboard the Carnival Legend, May 8th of this year. It is our first cruise and I see I might have already made the mistake of booking excursions through Carnival (just because people say they are more expensive). We haven't booked anything for the port in Isla Roatan. Any advice on what we should do or if there are any must sees?

google victor boden. He is the best. For about $35 pp he will take you everywhere you want to go all day long. If you want to do something there is a fee for, you will just pay it. Like its $5 pp I think to go to his house to see the animals and go into the cage with monkeys .. which was the highlight of my cruise.

Roatan is my favorite port. Reminds me of Hawaii, all green and lush.

I love Roatan. Just know that most beaches have the pesky Roatan sand fleas, and they do bite. Bring along a bottle of heavy-duty repellent and use it all over. Last month, for some reason, we forgot to spray our backs, and we had hundreds ( exaggeration--but it sure seemed like it!) of bites just there!!

Thanks for the tips!!! I think this port we are just gonna relax and go with the flow. Is the shopping any good?

Shopping is OK it's all carnival shops there at the port. I was there in june and we did nothing but go into the shops. I am hoping this time when I am there next week we do a lot more.

Like Firefly said, Bodden has a large following and great reviews. If you like to snorkel, another tour to consider is the Upachaya Resort Tour. They have a good boat trip. Don't tarry though. If you are interested in either of these tours you need to book early. These tend to fill up fast.

P.S. You will get more responses to your questions concerning the port tours if you take your questions to the Ports of Call Boards.;)

Whatever you do, get away from Mahogany bay. Originally we were going to just stay there all day and save the money on the excursion. We eventually decided to book an excursion and Roatan ended up being our favorite port. The island is so beautiful that just the drive to your excursion is worth leaving. We went to Gumbalimba Park and played with the monkeys and macaw birds. It was lots of fun.

Another vote for Victor Bodden. This island is way too beautiful to just spend the whole day at Mahogany Bay. That unnatural beach may be nice, but the rest of the island is utterly spectacular!!! Don't miss out! West end beach is amazing, with maybe the best snorkeling in the Caribbean.

Archived