Any chance?

dinomac

Any chance of seeing bears of any kind during our June 3-14 Princess cruise/tour? We will be taking the Tundra Wilderness Tour in Denali (2 nights at Denali Princess Lodge), (1 night at McKinley Princess Lodge) and 7 day cruise. Our land portion is first.

Not to beat a dead horse, or is that a dead bear? But we took the TWT and stopped for four different families of grizzlies. One mother and her two cubs were within 15 - 20 yards of the bus and stayed there longer than we did. I must have close to 200 digital images. You will likely see fewer moose, and Dall sheep will be way up the mountain. Our naturalist picked out a sleeping wolf in a dry riverbed that had to be 1/4 mile away. Our caribou sightings were a ways off as well.

The system on the buses is that whoever sees something yells it out, and the bus will stop so everyone can look, take pictures, etc.

Thanks for all your replies... but just wondering about any sightings the first week of June???

This isn't a zoo. YOUR day of entry will be unique, take what you get. There is NO "list" of what is seen at certain times. Can be any of the wildlife present in the park.

KEY for wildlife viewing is TIME and DISTANCE. The TWT is definately not on my list, since I always go further to at least Eielson. With two days there, I would also suggest, if indeed a great priority, then get yourself twice into the Park. Serious viewers always do. :) (including me). You can perhaps, pick up a CHEAP Toklat shuttle, if of interest. EVERY trip will be different. ALWAYs have a good pair of binoculars, I recommend 10 power, at least for Denali park.

Archived