January Cruisers...why do you cruise in January?

daisy7113

this time we are going to Cabo so I hope it'll be nice & warm! :)

We were in Cabo on the Splendor first week of February last year. It wasn't cold, but it wasn't super warm either. Not like it is in the Western Carrib.

Back to the question at hand: We cruise because that's the easiest time for me to get off of work and have my vacation guaranteed verses trying to do it in the spring/summer/fall which is fire season for California. Plus it's cheaper and the ports are less crowded.

It is a nice reconnector just after the holidays. And we too LOVE there being fewer children on board. I wish there were adults only cruises...maybe there are and I have not found them. We also like the cheaper prices. However, the last one was REALLY cold. Not sure we will stick with January cruising if this one (Elation on 01/10/10) is really cold too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never cruised in January since I live in the Northeast I do not plan too, flying any where from the Northeast is tricky storms pop upanytime. I like March, less storms, however there are more children but the weather is wonderful but that is the trade off.

Gary

For us it's simple

1 small amount of kids

2 warmer there than here

3 wife job have to turn leave request in 9 mo. before taking them:cool::eek:

4 one to two less weeks not shoveling snow

5 Wife's birthday Easier to get her something we both enjoy:p:D

Paul

My criteria for cruising is as follows:

1. Schools are in session...few children.

2. Best price for a solo traveler in a balcony

3. Ship

I travel May, Sept, Oct, Nov, first coupla weeks in Dec, 1st coupla weeks in January. Prices are very good once school is in session again and after the summertime family vacations are done. First weeks in Dec., those not already booked are busy planning for the Holidays..usually aren't traveling. May is graduation month for many colleges and schools...many don't travel. Another perk....the temps are lower and humidity too......

Please don't flame about the kids. I raised several myself and love the little curtain climbers. I just don't want to cruise with them. It's not their fault at all but, rather, those irresponsible parents who plunk the darlings on the ship and pay no further attention to what they might be doing...

This is our first time cruising in January and we are only doing so because this is a Birthday cruise. We normally cruise in warmer months but decided to risk it this year. January is a weird month for California, it could be 50 degrees and raining one week and the next week , 90 degrees and sunny. Luckily its going to be sunny and 78 degrees when we leave.

Archived