Alternatives to Manhattan Cruise Terminal Parking

rikkikika

Have you parked anywhere else for a 7-10 cruise?

Have you gotten better rates other than the parking at the MCT at $30.00 PD?

I read somewhere on the CC board there is a lot/garage on 10th ave that was about $120.00 for the week. . .not sure if that was correct and what it was called . . .

Suggestions?

The parking garage is in the Skyline Hotel on 10th Ave. between 49th and 50th St. It is run by Icon Parking Systems. Go to the Icon Parking web site, look for garages in the Midtown West section. The name of the garage you want is Primary Parking LLC. With a discount coupon typically you can park there for about $20 per day, maybe less depending on the time of year. Here's their current coupon:

http://www.iconparkingsystems.com/coupon_details.asp?Coupon_Id=67&type=I

Coupons for this garage may also be found here:

http://nyc.bestparking.com/index.php#1

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you njhorsemen!

You're also on my cruise in February outa NYC, are you using the Icon lot? Have you used it before?

Actually, we spend the extra money to park at the pier, so I have no personal experience with the other facility. Others have reported no problems with using the garage on 10th Ave...other than the need to be alert about the amount they charge. There were one or two reports of attempts to charge more than the discount coupon rate.

Skyline hotel is a great way to save a few bucks. It was 16 bucks a day when we cruised in November. The walk to the pier is an easy one. They did try to charge more than the amount on the coupon but gave me no argument when I pointed out their mistake.

Good luck.

• 4 years later...

I am not that familiar with how cruise critic message boards work, so I am unsure where this post will end up. However, if anyone is taking a cruise from NY and is looking for the least expensive way to get there, consider valetanywhere.com I found them by sheer luck on a google search, and no one I knew had ever heard of them. The least expensive taxi from Long Island to the cruise port was going to easily cost me $125 one way (tip included), and I didn't know if I could do better than $250 round trip. Then, I stumbled upon ValetAnywhere. I drove my own car in. They met me when I got there, took my car and that was it, easy as could be. The same when we got back. Plus, I parked for a 10 day cruise, with tips for both drivers, for $180. Yes, you read that right....$180 for 10 days of parking and two tips!!!!! I don't know where they put my car, but it came back in the same condition I left it in and it was as easy as could be. This company is great! I highly recommend them! :)

I am not that familiar with how cruise critic message boards work, so I am unsure where this post will end up. However, if anyone is taking a cruise from NY and is looking for the least expensive way to get there, consider valetanywhere.com ... the rest deleted...

Thank you for sharing this info! I will definitely look into it!

• 2 weeks later...

We just came from a Norwegian Breakaway 14-day cruise and want to add to Beth's comments about valet anywhere. I happened to discover their page http://nyc-cruise-parking.com/ when searching for parking. At first I was hesitant but after seeing some of the good reviews on this message board (I can't remember which thread) I decided to book. Anyway, parking was very smooth for both departure and arrival. Their valet was there waiting for us and even helped unload our luggage. And thankfully, our SUV looked exactly the same after :) Parking around Manhattan Terminal is not cheap. Thanks for the good people here that share their experiences, we too had a good experience without spending too much money.

• 4 months later...

We are going on the 2/7/17 Gem cruise. Has anyone used a stay, park and cruise hotel for the Manhattan Cruiseport. We've done this in Baltimore and Bayonne, and it was very convenient, staying one night, getting taxi to port, and picking up our car after the cruise. Thanks for any info.:)

We are going on the 2/7/17 Gem cruise. Has anyone used a stay, park and cruise hotel for the Manhattan Cruiseport. We've done this in Baltimore and Bayonne, and it was very convenient, staying one night, getting taxi to port, and picking up our car after the cruise. Thanks for any info.:)

Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park, NJ is the closest stay, park, cruise hotel. Other options are Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ (price includes one way port transportation), and Ramada Plaza at Newark airport through trinityreservations.com (tax included price).