Please...a simple yes there is...or no there isn't..

PokerMom

Leaving on NCL EPIC Sat 1/8/11. Could someone who KNOWS the answer to this question please answer, is there or isn't there a store onboard to buy a bottle of liquor to take to your room? (I know about the duty free...I know you "are not allowed to bring any intoxicating liquors" on board. I know there is apparently a "Bar set-Up" on NCL website-which there isn't. Even if it is at a higher cost...simply asked.. IS THERE A LIQUOR STORE ON-BOARD?" Thank you to anyone who answers this correctly, and sorry for the sarcasim.

No.

You may buy liquor on board but they will hold it until the last night of the cruise. You will then be required to go to the towel check by the Garden Cafe and pick it up.

You can order an in-cabin bar setup by emailing groupeventepic@ncl.com

You can have a good party on the last night.:D

Take care,

Mike

Leaving on NCL EPIC Sat 1/8/11. Could someone who KNOWS the answer to this question please answer, is there or isn't there a store onboard to buy a bottle of liquor to take to your room? (I know about the duty free...I know you "are not allowed to bring any intoxicating liquors" on board. I know there is apparently a "Bar set-Up" on NCL website-which there isn't. Even if it is at a higher cost...simply asked.. IS THERE A LIQUOR STORE ON-BOARD?" Thank you to anyone who answers this correctly, and sorry for the sarcasim.

No to the store.

The bar set up is NOT on the NCL website. You get the bar setup info by

emailing GroupEventEpic@ncl.com and ask for prices and order it that way. It's expensive.

Ask at any bar but it will be even more expensive than prepurchase from GroupEvent bar setup.

NO NO and NO

Thanks for the (only) useful info. I'll do that

Seems to me that you actually got multiple useful responses.

Going beyond yes/no is also useful for other members who might search out this thread in the future.

A simple thank you to all those who tried to help you would be more appropriate. Your cruise is tomorrow and yet many made sure to help you before you go.

Your original post could have been dismissed by everyone here due to "the sarcasm" (your words, not mine) and you would have left for your cruise without the information you wanted.

I understand that leaving for a trip is sometimes overwhelming and stressful, but it's no excuse for rudeness.

I hope you have a great time on the Epic and were able to get your bar set up.

I'm pretty sure that the bar set up arrangements have to be made at least a week or two in advance. And indeed, I've really never seen anyone be so rude about people simply trying to respond and try to provide some help. I really didn't see one response that wasn't to the point, so I totally don't get what this person expected.

It is pretty clear that they need a cruise. I hope they can relax. I am glad I will not be the staff trying to serve them.:cool:

That's just plain rude. Every response prior to this answered your question.

I'll make sure not to waste my time on your next question. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Mike

That's just plain rude. Every response prior to this answered your question.

I'll make sure not to waste my time on your next question. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Mike

Oh, but it wasn't a simple yes there is or no there isn't.:D

A lot of posts got deleted from last night. All the answers were no, but the way she worded here question it also needed an answer more then just no. Which info she did note from one poster 'NM' and critized everyone else. I realize the poster may have been stressed, but it's no excuss to be mean. Some good info was being tossed to help her out, but it wasn't "helpful". I mean if I were leaving for a cruise in 48 hours and asked for help I know I'd get the answer "should have done it sooner", but would live with those answers as well the helpful ones being I asked here. Comes with the territory. I hope she got it figured out and has a great time in the Western Caribbean. :cool:

I'm not sure why the original question could not have been posted in a simple and polite way but the answer seems to be readily available on this site:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=37

Yeah, the only thing it doesn't tell one is how to order a 'bar-setup' or what's the latest you can order. Me thinks at least a week out.

Archived