will we have enough time?

jerseygirl09

We leave on our cruise in a few days and we would like to do a lot of things in san juan like: El Yunque, the coach and dooney outlet, bacardi tour, walk around osj, stop at a local bakery for some tres leche cake, food, and have a drink or two...are we pushing it? :) we will be there from 7am-3:30pm and we plan on getting off the boat as soon as we dock. Also, is there an alternative to El Yunque besides the carnival tour? I'm just afraid we won't make it back to the boat in time although the rainforest will be the very first thing on the list. Thanks!

Have you considered not doing the Bacardi tour ( a little over rated and time consuming JMHO)...As soon as you get off the ship walk to La Bombonera (Calle San Francisco, very well known, anyone can give you walking directions.) and try the breakfast mallorca..Then walk around to the shops..There is an outdoor cafe by the steps near the pier that has great Mojitos...Enjoy !!!!

We leave on our cruise in a few days and we would like to do a lot of things in san juan like: El Yunque, the coach and dooney outlet, bacardi tour, walk around osj, stop at a local bakery for some tres leche cake, food, and have a drink or two...are we pushing it? :) we will be there from 7am-3:30pm and we plan on getting off the boat as soon as we dock. Also, is there an alternative to El Yunque besides the carnival tour? I'm just afraid we won't make it back to the boat in time although the rainforest will be the very first thing on the list. Thanks!

i think it is too much for such a short stay

One easy answer: No, you can't do it all.

El Yunque is not in SJ, it is 1 hr from SJ. The whole tour (there and back) usually takes about 4 hrs. There will be plenty of buses right at the dock that will take you to El Yunque.

But say your tour starts at 7:30-8am, that is 12 n-12:30 before you get back. Then I assume you want to eat something..... say in OSJ at the bakery or a restaurant.... then shopping and a drink or 2...that is another 3+ hrs.

Bacardi is another 3+ hr experience, even with a tour bus. On your own, it will be about another hr (allowing for the ferry schedule).

Archived