Carnival Legend Tips and Tricks!!!!

DCNadeau

Just Booked my wonderful week on the Legend with my girlfriend! It is our first time on the ship and have heard great things. Can any of you let us know some things we need to make sure we do on board, any inside info on fun things or tips/tricks? We are sailing a Western Caribbean Itinerary.

Any type of info is great info for us!!!

Go to the Captain's party, it's like the last night of the cruise - free drinks! Tip well and your waitress will come often and might even bring beer if you tip high enough. I must have had 8 screwdrivers. Someone in our Cruise Critic rollcall group tipped her a $20 just to start with and she came through every 5 minutes or so. Crazy fun.

If you are going to do afternoon tea get there early as it fills up quick in the area they hold it in.

They set up the beanbag toss well before the tournaments so you have time to practice in the main lobby. The bar is right next to it so if you want to make it *really* fun grab a drink beforehand.

If you purchase one of those coconut monkey heads with the drink inside you can get drinks at a discount by just bringing the carnival cup. I think this is also the same with the Signature Carnival drink glass.

At each stairwell there are different art vases behind glass. I thought it was really interesting to look at since they are different on each deck.

We did the Legend in April. It was a great ship!! I thought it was fun to ride the glass elevators all the way up and down and check out the artwork. The whole ship is done in "legendary people" and "myth-inspired" decor.

The Legends Talent show is a blast! It is a show performed by passengers. I was Brittany Spears and sang "Hit Me Baby. One More Time". It was great...lots of fun.

They usually have a scavenger hunt. Always a blast...

The ice carving was also very fun to watch.

Have fun!! :)

Not a Legend tip per se, but more of a general cruising tip:

Keep your eyes peeled for unannounced events. One afternoon on our honeymoon, the cruise director & staff were doing caricatures near the karaoke bar, which became one of our favorite souvenirs. One evening, we spent about 2 hours with the ship's magician, doing sleight-of-hand tricks (mostly him doing them, and us guessing how it was done... but I did know a couple he didn't, so I showed him one or two new bits, which was fun for both of us!). Two of the most fun and memorable moments we had on the Legend were things that weren't listed in the Fun Times.

One for the Legend, leaving Tampa -- about 2 hours after the ship leaves the pier, you'll pass under the Sunshine Skyway. Hang out on the top deck (the 12th floor, the Sky Deck) for quite a view as you go by!

When I was on the Legend in May, there was a brief galley tour offered on the second sea day. About a couple of hundred passengers gathered in the main dining room where the Maitre D talked briefly about the food operations including some stunning figures about the quantity of food consumed on a one week cruise.

One memorable quote was that per square foot, the galley is the most expensive area of the ship (all of that stainless steel)--even more expensive than the engine room.

Then we were led in a quick pass-through of the galley while the cooks were busy prepping that evening's meal.

The dryers need to run twice to dry an average load of clothes.

The spa has fabulous full body showerheads and were deserted anytime we went. The hottub in the spa is also fabulous and quiet.

We had a hard time enjoying the dining room at night because of the vibration. But in the morning and afternoon it was fine. It wasn't a seasickness type of feeling....just not pleasant.

The Belizean beer is really good and you can declare it when coming back on board. Then you turn a corner to the table to drop it off......or not...and simply walk up the stairs with it.

We never took our towels out of the cabin. When we decided to go swimming, we just walked up to the "towel bar" and with our card got a towel. After we dried and dressed we took the towel back. That way we didn't have to carry it around or worry about losing it. Very nice with the kids.

If you want to keep your balcony door open use the wedge on the floor next to your closet.

The doors on Legend are not magnetic, if you wanted to hang something on the door.

There is Sushi on the buffett by the salad bar....but it is better at the Sushi cart on the 3rd floor. He makes it fresh there, and there are more sauces and sides.

The only people we ever saw in the Enchanted Forest were staff members and the portholes there are a great place to take goofy pictures of your family inside.

I also recommend the enchanted forest, and make sure you get lots of exercise, the food and waiters were so good on the Legend I gained at least 5 pounds. Breakfast and lunch in the MDR is you can. Great walking outside closer to the dsea opn the Atlantic Deck. Enjoy! We loved the Legend, and hope to do her sister ship in Alaska next year.

If you like Piano bars or sing alongs, go to the Piano bar on board. Angela had a repertoire of over 2000 songs, so you could name most any song and she would know it. She knew how to make sure everyone had a good time. It's a smoking area, but it usually wasn't bad enough to bother me.

The guy who sings and plays guitar in the atrium (I think his name was Matt) was also really good to listen to.

Go the marriage show. We had late dining and had to miss dinner that night, but it was worth it.

We had an amazing time when we were on the Legend, and I don't think that was just because it was our first cruise. Have a great time!

Reading what everyone else wrote, I see how much we missed last month! I agree about the tea time. That is a MUST DO!! ;)

I'm posting a link to my review from December.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1324640&highlight=

It was my second cruise and DH's first. You are going to have a BLAST!

When are you going?

We just got off the Spirit a couple of weeks ago. On of the things that we did is the Chef's Table. The Executive Chef gives you a short tour of the galley where your meal begins with champagne and appetizers. They host a maximum of 12 people and the meal is absolutely amazing. Even if your're not a foodie (I'm certainly not) this experience is seriously special. The current cost is $75 pp but I'm sure it will increase as the event becomes more popular.

Loved, loved, loved the Legend!!

The steakhouse was amazing.

The call in TV show was entertaining while relaxing in the afternoon. I got through a few times but DH gave me the wrong answer and I was out. :(

I never book excursions through the cruise line but we did in Belize. It was so much easier to be picked up from the boat and take directly to our excursion. We were able to come back drop out stuff and then take the tender right over to shop without our beach gear.

We did MTD and were always given the same table and team. Make friends at the desk. I would recommend our waitstaff team but I know the head waiter was heading for the Freedom.

If you go a day early, at the dock where the ships leave there is a wine store that has wine vending machines. You get a card and pick the amount of each wine you want. DH and I had a blast watching a ship leave and trying all new kinds of wine.

Does anyone remember if there are soda machines on the Legend?

Do you mean vending machines? Then no. If you mean fountain drinks, then no again. I think all Carnival ships do the can thing. I WISH WISH WISH they'd switch to fountain sodas, like other cruise lines. So much sweeter!

Archived