Grand Suite vs Owner's Suite - Explorer

We are looking at a December cruise on the Explorer in December out of NJ. I am looking for opinions on the GS vs OS for a small family of 3 (DD will be 6). Is the OS worth $1k more for a 12-night Caribbean cruise?

Thanks in advance!!!!

We are looking at a December cruise on the Explorer in December out of NJ. I am looking for opinions on the GS vs OS for a small family of 3 (DD will be 6). Is the OS worth $1k more for a 12-night Caribbean cruise?

Thanks in advance!!!!

No you will have plenty of room in the gs. We have friends that like the owners suites but then the balcony is so much bigger and nicer in the grand suite. Our 22 well now 24 year old dd always came and hung out in our gs vs her interior cabin and we had massive room. But it's my thoughts...I sure can do alot with a grand in the ports. Either way you are going to love the Explorer and if you are lucky to get Miss Rica from the Philipines taking care of you....then you will have the best trip ever! She is awesome! I Looked at switching my 10 nighter on the Explorer Dec 1 to the 12 nighter but we just changed to the Dec 11 sailing on the Allure so we can visit family before the cruise. BUT we will be onboard the Explorer March 11th with our family and can't wait to see our Explorer family again. Happy cruising!!!

We have 4 in our GS, and 4 others in inside cabins.

We opted for a bigger balcony, that is where everyone will be.

Plus saving $ is a bonus too.

More to spread around in tips and drinks. ( yes I do not smuggle, I buy )

:rolleyes:

Archived