WHY Indian Food ?

block

I LOVE Indian food! The spicier the better. If they had it on a cruise I was on,I'd order it!

That's my BIGGEST fear! I can not stand spicy foods, in fact the only things I'm allergic to are spicy peppers(I break out in hives). So while I wouldn't mind tasting it, I would be too scared to try it! I've avoided spicy foods for so long, I only realized I am allergic two years ago!

Though if they have non-spicy dishes, that would be fine with me!

I had the best potato salad and seafood salad off of the Indian buffet on EOS. I loved it. I didn't taste curry at all. In fact I was wondering why it was at that station. I also found these noodles that were wonderful. I like a variety. They always had mashed potatoes, gravy, meats, cold-cuts, salads, veggies, pastas, etc. so I think they are doing a good job with the variety.

• 1 month later...
That's my BIGGEST fear! I can not stand spicy foods, in fact the only things I'm allergic to are spicy peppers(I break out in hives). So while I wouldn't mind tasting it, I would be too scared to try it! I've avoided spicy foods for so long, I only realized I am allergic two years ago!

The INDIAN Food they have aboard Royal ships is a JOKE is has NO Spice

On OASIS they added some to it

I LOVE Indian food! The spicier the better. If they had it on a cruise I was on,I'd order it!

Agreed,

But the Stuff they serve on Royal as Indian Food is a Joke

Oasis is is somewhat better though

The Indian Food on Royal Ships is SO WEAK It Might no be an issue for You

• Like 1

It is correct that a lot of British cruisers love Indian food as well as many vegetarians as it is a welcome change from bland pasta every night. We sometimes order the Indian vegetarian dish as a side at dinner. I happen to despise Mexican food, but if they want to serve tacos and nachos every day on the buffet I never have a problem finding something else to eat and certainly don't go around complaining about it.

BINGO! Your post could have been written by either my DW or myself. We agree 100%! There is too much variety every day to require someone to eat what they don't want to try.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the so called 'Indian Cuisine' on the ships is a joke.. With so many talented chef's I really don't know why they 'dumb it down' either serve a nice flavourful Curry dish or not at all... They really need to kick it up a notch or two!!

As a vegetarian, I'm grateful for Indian food. It's nice to not have to face plate after plate of pasta.

I think hot dogs, burgers, and carving stations are disgusting, so I just keep on walking and don't think about it.

There are so many other food options, why does the Indian food bug you so much? It's not like it's the only thing on offer.

As a vegetarian, I'm grateful for Indian food. It's nice to not have to face plate after plate of pasta.

I think hot dogs, burgers, and carving stations are disgusting, so I just keep on walking and don't think about it.

There are so many other food options, why does the Indian food bug you so much? It's not like it's the only thing on offer.

Exactly. Nobody is forcing you to eat it. I find some of the comments about Indian food a bit:confused:

Just back from my NCL cruise... They had entire Indian station opposite the Chinese.... BUT to be fair there was plenty of american saucy over boiled crap to be offered as well...ALL the Buffet food was gross. The only thing safe was carvings, salad and bread...

JMHO !!

:p

I mentioned this on another thread, but there is a tendency for people to not like anything that's even remotely "foreign"- Ugly American syndrome.It's not xenophobia-it's just years and years of eating crappy food like hot dogs and hamburgers whilst cruising has conditioned people like that to not try anything new.

I mentioned this on another thread, but there is a tendency for people to not like anything that's even remotely "foreign"- Ugly American syndrome.It's not xenophobia-it's just years and years of eating crappy food like hot dogs and hamburgers whilst cruising has conditioned people like that to not try anything new.

I don't know if that is it so much as the fact that there is a lot of Indian food, but a lack of representation of other ethnic foods. I personally am not a fan of Indian food, but I love Greek, French, and Middle Eastern dishes and would rather see those on the menu. BTW, I hate hotdogs/hamburgers and ketchup more than curry :D

Glad that they are getting with the times and serving other nationalitys foods

I am one who loves indian cuisine, more flavour the better. We had it on celebrity and now trying carnival and cant wait to order it at night. More people should give it a try instead of a bland piece of meat for a change!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I agree, the so called 'Indian Cuisine' on the ships is a joke.. With so many talented chef's I really don't know why they 'dumb it down' either serve a nice flavourful Curry dish or not at all... They really need to kick it up a notch or two!!

Wildly CHEERS:cool:

...And then there's also the Issue of what they call RUM CAKE aborad ship

I am one of those among the growing group of folks who like Indian food. And I do really like it a lot! Even the not so great versions of it, such as it exists on ships buffets and Carnivals Tandoor station. Probably not the best Indian food, but beats hotdogs and hamburgers for me most days.

I think that if you are of the mind to try something different foodwise, a cruise ship is the best place to do it. At the buffet area, you can take a small amount of said food ( whether it be Indian or Chinese or whatever ), try it and if you like it go back for more. If you dont like it, go get something else. There is so much to choose from.

Now if you are in the group of folks who are scared to try something different, then by all means stick to your hamburgers and hotdogs, and the buffet offerings that appeal to you. I personally am happy that there are other options, not to say I dont have at least one hamburger on a 7 day cruise, they are fine, but there is so much more. JMHO.:)

When it comes to sticking to a certain food, I tend to go with non mystery meat items(though it must be said-if I eat hot dogs I only eat Hebrew National)-the steak on Holland America is especially good.

But for me, I love the Indian food.It's very high quality(the Indian food I've had on cruise ships is easily as good as anything I get at home, if not better! )

I think Indian food is wonderful. Usually when my family goes out to eat we have ethnic foods - Indian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Italian, Mexican... It's all good.

I am quite happy to have a wide variety of options. As they say variety is the spice of life.