Are You Now Onboard the Golden Princess?

lv2cruiseanywhere

I have read on another post that the Golden Princess missed both Kauai and Maui on the current cruise. Was it the weather? What did the Captain say in his announcements? How has the weather been crossing and also while in the islands?

We are sailing on the Golden Princess January 19th, so we are very interested. We have been on this cruise several times before and two times in January and February, but have never missed a port. It would not be a "deal-breaker" for me, since I really like the ship, but just wondering.

How has the cruise been in general, i.e., food, entertainment, activities? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I've taken the round-trip HI cruise a couple of times and both times, all of the cruises before ours missed at least one port and in some cases, two ports. On my last HI cruise on the Island Princess, we should have skipped Lahaina because in the afternoon, a severe, violent storm hit while several tenders were taking passengers back to the ship. I was in one that was tossed around, going up one wave, cresting, and slamming down the other side for 90 minutes before we were able to get to the ship and disembark. Even the ship's crew were getting sick.

If a port is really important to you and you'd be very disappointed is you missed it, a cruise is perhaps not the best way to go.

Missed both Nawilliwilli and Lahania due to weather and weather related problems. On the way to Ensenada for a 8-5 day instead of a 2-8 day.

We received a $250 future cruise credit each (not on board credit).

Internet spotty due to wind etc.

Thanks, Jerwick, for the information. I am surprised that you received any Future Cruise Credit at all; $250 is great if you cruise regularly. However, I don't think an extended stay in Ensenada is a trade-off. (That's a stay-on-the-ship port for me.)

Thanks again for taking the time to post a reply.

Thanks, Jerwick, for the information. I am surprised that you received any Future Cruise Credit at all; $250 is great if you cruise regularly. However, I don't think an extended stay in Ensenada is a trade-off. (That's a stay-on-the-ship port for me.)

Thanks again for taking the time to post a reply.

We had to miss Kona on our 2005 cruise and since that was the last HI port, we had a longer time in Ensenada too. But we didn't get any OBC/FCC for that.

We were on the 12/22 sailing and didn't miss any of the ports. We stayed onboard in Ensenada -- I'm guessing about 90 per cent of the passengers did too.

Archived