Western Carribbean excursions for family of 4

We are sailing on the Mariner in November and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for excursions that would be fun for the adults as well as the kids (two 13yr. old boys). We will be visiting Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Are there also any ship board activities we all can enjoy together ?:rolleyes:

I think the most fun thing to do would be to go to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman. Swimming with the stingrays is an unbelievable experience you would ALL enjoy! I list it as one of the top 5 things I have done in my life.

Michelle

Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Are there also any ship board activities we all can enjoy

Labadee is a RCI private beach, great day at the water.

Ocho Rios, gotta climb the falls.

Cayman, swim with the Rays ! The #1 do not miss thing to do.

Cozumel, A lot to do ! Look at Chakanaab, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sancho's or our Fav the Fury Catermeran.

Ocho Rios - Dunns River Falls and White River Tubing with a stop at Margaritaville on the way back to the ship.

GC- Stingray City

Cozumel - we will be doing the Dune Buggy excursion. Haven't gone yet, but looks like a lot of fun. Drive your own dune buggy with lunch, beach/snorkel and some ruins. (cozumelhomes.com)

Definately climb the falls. I suggest contacting Peat Taylor and doing his excursion rather than the ship's. He also takes a drive through Fern Gully which your kids have probably heard of since they made an animated cartoon based on prehistoric animals living in the gully.

The previous suggestion about Capt Marvin is also quite good. He is reasonable, kid friendly and the rays are a LOT of fun.

In Labadee your kids will want to go to the "water park". It's not a "slide & splash" or "Wet & Wild" type park, but there are floats and fun stuff that your kids will love. I think the price is $15/ hour but the kids will eat it up.

Cozumel was a kick back day for us. We did a lot of shopping and walking but soemone else will have good suggestions for you.

We are fresh off the Jewel's Western Caribbean cruise and we an awesome day at Sting Ray City with the Cockatoo Catamaran crew. Jacques & Les were excellent hosts and they got right in the water with you at the sand bar. The catamaran was beautiful to sail on. During the ride, they teach you about sting rays and various island lore. We had 3 teenagers, 2 25 year olds, and 2 parents - everyone had a blast!

Just came off Radiance, and have a couple of don't do's - 7-mile beach in Grand Cayman - basically a beach chair and tiny soda along with a few hundred other cruisers on a tiny bit of beach - you are packed in like sardines and the food is yuck! And the Tulum ruins trip is 6 hours of travelling, 30 minutes of lecture and 15 mins to look at the ruins - outside only, you can't go iin them ( our daughter was soo looking forward to this, and was really upset when she got back, she stayed in the cabin all night and missed the big show - the excursion people are getting a long letter from us!):mad:

we were on the jewel this past dec and did the western carib. we LOVED cozumel the best. we went to paradise beach by ourselves ( i think it was a $10.00 cab ride) and this place lives up to its name. the entrance to the beach is free. there are usually chairs and umbrellas around. lots of shade if you need it. for $5.00 per person, you can rent snorkeling equipment and there is a floating iceberg climbing thing for kids in the water and a water trampoline. there is definitely a web site. google "paradise beach". also, the food is great as well. your kids can get henna tatoos and their hair braided. (i forgot if you said they were boys or girls).

Archived