Grand Suite or 2 D1 rooms for 2 adults & 2 kids

TerB

We are trying to decide between the grand suite and 2 D1 rooms for a family of 4. How is the sofa bed in the grand suite? I hate to spend all of that money for an uncomfortable bed. I do like suite perks though. Is it worth the money?

We just got off the Allure sailing and were in a Grand Suite. My son is 21 years old and he said the bed was uncomfortable because his feet were slightly hanging off the bed (He is 5'6"). When the sofa bed opens up it is oriented side to side rather than top to bottom, probably so there is more space in the cabin. It should work fine for your kids since they are younger. We really like the suite perks, so that will have to factor in your decision.

Our kids are the same ages as yours and we have had a GS on our last 2 cruises (FR & AD). We loved the room and the space. The bed might be a little tight as one of your kids will essentially be boxed in between the back of the couch and his sibling. Like the other poster said, you sleep opposite of a normal sofa bed.

We are going on the Allure and couldn't justify the cost for the 4 of us so we got connecting D4s. If the price comes down a bit, we will try to change rooms. Apparently they can bring in a rollaway bed.

Hope this helps.

Archived