New Use For Paper Luggage Tag Holders

sashas_mom

Got an email from the company I got these from that they are offering a new use for the luggage tag holders:

http://www.*****.com/favors_product_pages/p-lti-53-cp.html which I think is a great idea! I always put my itinerary in my suitcases just in case they get lost in transit (a tip I got from these boards, by the way :)), but this is a great idea. They'll email a form to you that you print yourself with your itinerary is folded on the inside and instructions to the baggage handlers on the outside to open it in case your luggage gets lost. I think I'll do this when flying and then switch it to the paper luggage tag before getting on the ship. Also, they suggest putting all your ports on there so the airlines can find you while in transit. The luggage will be sent to you while traveling, instead of them sending it back home.

Got an email from the company I got these from that they are offering a new use for the luggage tag holders:

http://www.*****.com/favors_product_pages/p-lti-53-cp.html which I think is a great idea! I always put my itinerary in my suitcases just in case they get lost in transit (a tip I got from these boards' date=' by the way :)), but this is a great idea. They'll email a form to you that you print yourself with your itinerary is folded on the inside and instructions to the baggage handlers on the outside to open it in case your luggage gets lost. I think I'll do this when flying and then switch it to the paper luggage tag before getting on the ship. Also, they suggest putting all your ports on there so the airlines can find you while in transit. The luggage will be sent to you while traveling, instead of them sending it back home.[/quote']

That's a great idea & thanks for sharing that info. I've put our complete itinerary in a outside pouch of our bags so there'd be a chance for them to catch up with us. I've seen similar tags online but never bought them. However now with those forms the holders for our Princess tags are dual purpose & will use it to put our itinerary in them for our flight. :D

When I read your post it appeared to me that it was just a form to put in our existing Princess tag holders. I should have gone to your link 1st because I only saw an ad for another type of holder but no info on a form to put in my existing holders...or did I miss something? :o

It only says that after purchasing these new types of holders will they email a link for the form.

I think they'll be emailing you if you've bought them already and they attach the form. Let me know if you receive an email. If not, I'll give you my email address and send you a copy of the form they sent me. It looked like they will be emailing all their customers because it started out saying "Dear Customer". I think it's very nice that they are sending us the form since we already have the tags. The link I attached is for new customers, just wanted you to see the idea.

Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing you. None of us got the form when we ordered the tags, I think this must be a new idea and they will be contacting everyone about it (at least they contacted me, so I'm sure everyone else will be contacted as well).

I had seen those plastic covers for the cruise tags earlier (the company advertises here on CC) and had not quite justified buying them since the plain old tape cover on the paper tags has worked fine for us. But I love the idea of using them to hold itinerary information when not being used for cruise tags and just bought one for each of our suitcases, even the ones we don't take on cruises.

I am diligent about always printing out itinerary info and putting it into an outside pocket for all of our travels, now I will just use those tags. And if you don't want to use their design, you can easily create your own on the computer. It is just a sheet of paper designed like the foldable cruise tags. Simply put your boxes in the right place on a regular sheet of paper, and your own designs and fonts or pictures and there you go, a custom-made itinerary tag.

About two years ago we purchased vinyl luggage tags; bright yellow; from Magellan's. These are made to hold your itineraries and are written in eight languages. They may be a bit pricey, but worth every penny if your bag gets lost in a foreign country.

If it works, here's the link.

http://www.magellans.com/store/Landing_Pages___Dads_and_Grads___Save_on_TwoLA316?Partner_ID=FRGL

Sorry' date=' didn't mean to be confusing you. None of us got the form when we ordered the tags, I think this must be a new idea and they will be contacting everyone about it (at least they contacted me, so I'm sure everyone else will be contacted as well).[/quote']

Thanks again for telling us about this form to use the luggage tag holders for two purposes. I called them & soon received their email with the itinerary form but it sounds like they'll be sending it to anyone who has purchased their holders. :)

I have a way to alert baggage handlers that there is a printed itinerary in the outside pocket of my checked bags.

On the card that goes inside luggage tags that I always attach to my bags whenever I fly or cruise, I list only my cell number on one line, and on the other 2 lines I have written "Itinerary in outside pocket". That way they do not have to open my luggage to find it.

I too use the Magellan holders, have about a dozen of them and hang one on everything that's going with me. Also put a copy of my plans inside of everything. It always cracks me up when I see luggage with the home addresses showing on the outside. a) if your luggage is lost it goes HOME not with you, b) anybody can see that address and know you "are not home"!

Also, put your return address on it (inside the holders) if you are "flying" home after the cruise. Happy Travels!

About two years ago we purchased vinyl luggage tags; bright yellow; from Magellan's. These are made to hold your itineraries and are written in eight languages. They may be a bit pricey, but worth every penny if your bag gets lost in a foreign country.

If it works, here's the link.

http://www.magellans.com/store/Landing_Pages___Dads_and_Grads___Save_on_TwoLA316?Partner_ID=FRGL

I agree. I've had the Magellan's "Retriever Tags" for years and put them on every piece of luggage and carry-on. I don't leave home without them.

I once did an "if it is Tuesday it must be Belgium" vacation. We did seven hotels and a cruise in five weeks. Every time we were enroute to a new place I put a new tag on my suitcase with the dates and locations of the next few stops, just in case. I used simple manila tags with ties, and it worked fine. Only time I ever lost my luggage was after an HA cruise on the way home from Alaska. Took me something like five days to get it.

M.

Archived