Suggestions for Nassau, Bahamas

Yingus

We did a day pass at the Sheraton and it was wonderful - not crowded, great service, a walk on the beach and many beverages!

We will be in Nassau in a few weeks and we are just going to ferry over to Paradise Island and walk about, then head back to the ship.

If you check out the forum for Islands, you'll get tons of info there

Good luck

We did a day pass at the Sheraton and it was wonderful - not crowded, great service, a walk on the beach and many beverages!

We will be in Nassau in a few weeks and we are just going to ferry over to Paradise Island and walk about, then head back to the ship.

If you check out the forum for Islands, you'll get tons of info there

Good luck

I second the Sheraton. Our past 2 cruises have had Nassau stops and we go to the Sheraton every time. It's so relaxing, the buffet is really good, the slide is fun for everyone :)

Like the Sheraton, you can also get a day pass for the Hilton British Colonial and have access to the beach, pool and restuarant. It's only a very short walk from the welcome center and it has a great view of the ships and lighthouse from the beach.

really depends on who will be going with you and what your interests are. . we did Atlantis and Aquaventure and it was so much fun i'd do that again in a heartbeat. But Nassau has tons to offer and do so it all depends on what you want to do when your there. check out the port of call board tons there as well. Have fun!!

Try the Western Esplande Beach. It is a public beach about 10 minutes away from the port if you walk, and not crowded. It is more of a local's spot, but everyone was extremely friendly. They had drink stands too for your alcoholic needs ;) But I'd of course keep an eye on your belongings. Its free and our group of 8 had a bunch of fun. They have some decks stretching out to the water to leap off of in case you have young ones! Here is a map, just walk along W. Bay St. Just an option if you want a nice free beach area.

http://www.google.com/mapmaker?hl=en&gw=10&ll=25.079205,-77.344501&spn=0.010767,0.018926&t=h&z=16

First post hooray! Enjoy your Cruise!

It really depends on how much time you're going to be in port. If you have all day or even overnight, definitely do Atlantis. There is so much to see and to do there. It's something worth doing at least once.

If you have a short time there, I'd recommend the British Colonial Hilton for a quick beach day... close to the ship, close to restaurants, close to the straw market. There's alot of shoppping right there close to the welcome center, too.

We've been there several times, and since we've already done Atlantis, we just stay close to the dock... there's plenty to do!

Would love some recommendations for Nassau. We can't decide what to do. thanks!!

You could do the self-guided walking tour of city (see the library/jail), then taxi over to Atlantis (I think $4pp in a suicidal minivan) or water taxi to Atlantis. ken

If your idea of a great day is to lay on white sand and look at sparkling blue water, then you need to go over to Paradise Island beside Atlantis. My husband and I were there a few years ago. We took a water taxi over to Paradise Island and walked to the beach from where they dropped us off. We spent hours laying in the white sand.... our version of paradise!

If your idea of a great day is to lay on white sand and look at sparkling blue water, then you need to go over to Paradise Island beside Atlantis. My husband and I were there a few years ago. We took a water taxi over to Paradise Island and walked to the beach from where they dropped us off. We spent hours laying in the white sand.... our version of paradise!

That sounds fabulous to me too!

If we took a snorkelling set would there be much about to keep my 16yr old interested?

Blackbeard Cay!

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

I'm leaning this way but as a group leader of 11 I need to understand the to and from logistics. Is this a do your own deal ? Pay for what you want once there or what ? 3 Granddaughters along so I'm sure we'll have some sting ray feeding desires, some not. Thanks in advance.

I'm leaning this way but as a group leader of 11 I need to understand the to and from logistics. Is this a do your own deal ? Pay for what you want once there or what ? 3 Granddaughters along so I'm sure we'll have some sting ray feeding desires, some not. Thanks in advance.

Not sure what to tell you. We just hired the banana boat guy from Cable Beach.

1405854906057720145S600x600Q85.jpg

We did an excellent snorkel trip with stuartcove dot com. They pick you up from outside the port and it's a distance, so you will get to see quite a bit on the way. The snorkeling was very good, and you even have an opportunity to snorkel while they feed sharks about 40 feet below you:eek:

This year we've decided to try a beach day at Blue Lagoon. You can do a dolphin swim there as well.

Did the day pass at sheridan pool was not heated but next door was I cant remember the hotel but we were in there pool and spent money at their swim up bar was a great day. $1 ea. for jittney lets you off out front.

The Wyndham is next to the Sheraton. We love the Wyndham. We go there for land vacations every year. Will be there in 2 1/2 weeks. I know they have a day pass but I am not sure of the cost. The Wyndham & Sheraton are on Cable beach and that is a beautiful and clean beach.

Archived