Ncl AND my TA changed my stateroom number

sebas030

:mad:

I booked a Bermuda trip last march, yeap almost a year ago.

I booked the same room I had last feb on the Gem. So today I logged in "my ncl" and I saw that my stateroom was changed from 8114 to 8514.

On my TA site I am still listed as 8114. So I e-mailed my TA go sort this out.

1 hour later I was moved to 8120 on " my ncl" BUT :mad: my booking on my TA changed to 8514.

On ncl I am still listed as 8120.

I still have my confirmation e-mail from last march and I am listed as 8114.

And now on my TA'S site it says I should pay a 250 $ deposit (again) today and final date id march 8.

WHATS GOING ON :eek:

As far as why it is so different, NCL vs. TA's website, I can't understand. But NCL may have had to move you to a different room for several reasons. There maybe problems with that stateroom that cannot be fixed, they may need it for a specific reason that week, there are many reasons it could be.

I had a peep at the deck plans.

First of all - how many of you are going?

Cabins 8114 is a 3-berth cabin, whereas cabins 8514 and 8120 sleep 4.

Make sure you do NOT get cabin 8514 as it's far forward.

If there are 3 of you, I'd go for 8120 as it is supposed to have a upper bed.

Well it is only the two of us on that trip.

I get that there could be a problem with the original stateroom, but why the change on my TA are Ncl not the same and the change to my TA'S web page came after my e-mail.

Very frustrating:mad::mad:

Not sure why you are asking us.

Call your TA and find out why they would change a room with no notice.

Well so sorry to have bothered you fellow cruiser.

Why even reply if this is so much trouble for you ?

Since this is THE cruise blog I tough maybe it happened to someone else and I could have benefit from there past experience.

Anyhow.... Spoke with Ta and it seems it is NCL's fault and I should call them....

OK called NCL spoke with 2 rep, one being from the "group reservation" dept. Only confirmation from NCL is I am now in 8120 aft like I wanted but gave me the name of the supervisor from my TA ( he tried to reach her while I was on hold with him ) and he told me she has all the answers to my questions.

Left a message on voice mail .... waiting for a phone call ....

Thanks all ..... almost all ;)

Not sure why you are asking us.

Call your TA and find out why they would change a room with no notice.

C'mon! The OP is asking because there is such good advice on CC. It is nice to find answers to questions here first when frustration is involved. It can be reassuring to hear from other cruisers!

Well so sorry to have bothered you fellow cruiser.

Why even reply if this is so much trouble for you ?

Since this is THE cruise blog I tough maybe it happened to someone else and I could have benefit from there past experience.

Anyhow.... Spoke with Ta and it seems it is NCL's fault and I should call them....

OK called NCL spoke with 2 rep, one being from the "group reservation" dept. Only confirmation from NCL is I am now in 8120 aft like I wanted but gave me the name of the supervisor from my TA ( he tried to reach her while I was on hold with him ) and he told me she has all the answers to my questions.

Left a message on voice mail .... waiting for a phone call ....

Thanks all ..... almost all ;)

My advice is not very useful for your current problem BUT anyway:

1. As soon as this cruise is over - get a new TA - your TA should have handled all this and NOT left it up to you to sort it out.

2. It may be NCL's fault. It may be your TA's fault (but don't expect them to admit that - they ALWAYS blame the cruiseline). Bottom line - your TA should have resolved this.

My advice is not very useful for your current problem BUT anyway:

1. As soon as this cruise is over - get a new TA - your TA should have handled all this and NOT left it up to you to sort it out.

2. It may be NCL's fault. It may be your TA's fault (but don't expect them to admit that - they ALWAYS blame the cruiseline). Bottom line - your TA should have resolved this.

Glad you said what I was about to say. It sounds to me like the TA could be at fault or at the least, as you say, should take care of the problem. I doubt if the Op is going to get any help from NCL because when you book with an agent the reservation belongs to them, not the client. And people wonder why travel agents sometimes get a lousy name...

Nita

Glad you said what I was about to say. It sounds to me like the TA could be at fault or at the least, as you say, should take care of the problem. I doubt if the Op is going to get any help from NCL because when you book with an agent the reservation belongs to them, not the client. And people wonder why travel agents sometimes get a lousy name...

Nita

Agreed. The reason Travel Agents are used is to eliminate the hassle of dealing with the cruise line. Fire the TA and get one that will take care of you.

I don't have any advice for you... but I want to wish you good luck and happy cruising! I have my fingers crossed for you and I am sure it'll all be fine. You are smart to get on line and check things.

BTW, my cousin is my TA and I feel very blessed to have her.

I don't have any advice for you... but I want to wish you good luck and happy cruising! I have my fingers crossed for you and I am sure it'll all be fine. You are smart to get on line and check things.

BTW, my cousin is my TA and I feel very blessed to have her.

Pleased to have her as your agent or your cousin? LOL

Have you considered that your TA and or NCL double booked that particular cabin? It happens all the time with reservation systems because of the way they have to lock inventory among the on-line and off-line booking sources. It is a bit complicated but this is the same reason you sometimes can't get a specific seat when making a plane reservation.

Hi all,

I got news from a supervisor at my TA, and it looks like it is NCL's error.

She told me NCL was trying to reach the person in my "old" cabin to possibly make a switch and get my old stateroom back.

I just booked last week my next Hawaii cruise with this same TA ... getting scared :mad:

This "new" cabin they switched me to is a connecting room. Does that mean I will loose one of the two furniture with shelves and drawer to make place for the door :confused:

My wife DOES NOT travel light :eek: and we NEED this storage.

Thanks all

Hi all,

I got news from a supervisor at my TA, and it looks like it is NCL's error.

She told me NCL was trying to reach the person in my "old" cabin to possibly make a switch and get my old stateroom back.

I just booked last week my next Hawaii cruise with this same TA ... getting scared :mad:

This "new" cabin they switched me to is a connecting room. Does that mean I will loose one of the two furniture with shelves and drawer to make place for the door :confused:

My wife DOES NOT travel light :eek: and we NEED this storage.

Thanks all

I'm smelling a rat ... there are NO connecting rooms on Deck 8.

I'm smelling a rat ... there are NO connecting rooms on Deck 8.

What does that mean?

Are you insinuating that the OP is trolling or are you referring to the TA?

I've checked about 5 different cruise sites to check the deck plans for the Gem and every one of them has cabin 8120 as a connecting cabin. They all show that it connects with 8122.

There was one site that didnt show it as connecting. That site was NCL's.

Somebody is wrong.:confused:

Bill

Archived