another question about your time dining

reallyexcited

so we are assigned to early seating. we will have 4 kids all together with 4 adults.

i was wondering if one night we miss our early seating can we go anytime ( as your time dining)?? Do they know we have early seating when we show up for anytime?

just curious. We don't plan on missing our dinner time but just in case. They did not have YTD on our last cruise.

so we are assigned to early seating. we will have 4 kids all together with 4 adults.

i was wondering if one night we miss our early seating can we go anytime ( as your time dining)?? Do they know we have early seating when we show up for anytime?

just curious. We don't plan on missing our dinner time but just in case. They did not have YTD on our last cruise.

nope..its one or the other. If you try to check in for Anytime, they will know you have been assigned to Early.

The dining time, dining room and table number is on your Sail & Sign card and they check those the 1st couple of nights just to make sure everyone is in the right place.

If you were to show up at YTD later in the week and they knew they hadn't ever seen your group (and they do come to know you) then they would ask to see your S&S card.

You might try asking the MD once you are onboard to change to YTD and might have good luck with that since you are a large group and it seems that quite a few people that want YTD want it for the private table aspect.

with kids-- you want to go to the early dining room.

Camps start at 7pm- heading to dinner any later the kids will miss a lot of the program.

(the reason you can not go to anytime dining-- you already have 8 seats assigned- missing your dining time and going to the anytime-- you take another 8 seats- people at anytime can not use your seats.. so this will create a back log on people waiting to be seated.

If you find you are having a hard time making that early seating-- head to the buffet-- it serves the same menu- minus about 1-2 entrees

with kids-- you want to go to the early dining room.

Camps start at 7pm- heading to dinner any later the kids will miss a lot of the program.

(the reason you can not go to anytime dining-- you already have 8 seats assigned- missing your dining time and going to the anytime-- you take another 8 seats- people at anytime can not use your seats.. so this will create a back log on people waiting to be seated.

If you find you are having a hard time making that early seating-- head to the buffet-- it serves the same menu- minus about 1-2 entrees

Unless things have changed in the past 4-5 months, camp starts at 6

Last week on the Liberty, camp started at 6:45. 6:00 was when the drop off was in the Lido buffet if you wanted the counsellors to feed your kids.

I just wanted to throw my $0.02 in on the subject. I wanted to try YTD this cruise, because as a mom (and the main person in charge of getting the kidlets cleaned up for dinner) I had a tough time getting ready in the whole 10-15 minutes I had to myself between when the kids were ready and when we had to book it to the MDR. BIG MISTAKE. The service was so poor for YTD it was unbelieveable. Several nights my DH and I had to get up before being even offered a dessert menu (two hours after being seated) because the kids wanted to attend an activity at Camp. I won't be chooseing YTD again.

Last week on the Liberty, camp started at 6:45. 6:00 was when the drop off was in the Lido buffet if you wanted the counsellors to feed your kids.

I just wanted to throw my $0.02 in on the subject. I wanted to try YTD this cruise, because as a mom (and the main person in charge of getting the kidlets cleaned up for dinner) I had a tough time getting ready in the whole 10-15 minutes I had to myself between when the kids were ready and when we had to book it to the MDR. BIG MISTAKE. The service was so poor for YTD it was unbelieveable. Several nights my DH and I had to get up before being even offered a dessert menu (two hours after being seated) because the kids wanted to attend an activity at Camp. I won't be chooseing YTD again.

We had YTD dining on the Liberty and found it to be the same way as you experienced. However, we've done YTD on the Paradise and Elation multiple times and it was great! Must vary from ship to ship....

We almost always drop our kids off at 6 on the lido. They enjoy eating with their friends and we like a dinner alone every now and again. I look at that as the "start" of camp carnival. I understand where you are getting your "start" time though. I suppose it is all perspective.

Unless things have changed in the past 4-5 months, camp starts at 6

No, nothing has changed-- camp is closed at 5pm . you CAN take your kids to the lido deck and let the counselors feed them for you at 6pm.

the kids then are taken back to the camp after the dinner is over.

Activities do not start until 7pm

Going a little off topic, I was wondering if when you got on the ship if you were given a listing of everything that would be going on at camp during the cruise, or if it was given daily. This way we can plan out when out daughter wants to be with us and wants to be in camp.

Thank you

Going a little off topic, I was wondering if when you got on the ship if you were given a listing of everything that would be going on at camp during the cruise, or if it was given daily. This way we can plan out when out daughter wants to be with us and wants to be in camp.

Thank you

it should be in the cabin--- but if not you can request one at the pursers desk. You should get a list for the whole entire week

We had YTD dining on the Liberty and found it to be the same way as you experienced. However, we've done YTD on the Paradise and Elation multiple times and it was great! Must vary from ship to ship....

Have done YTD on Paradise (multiple times), Elation and Spirit and have never had a problem with the waitstaff.

I had a problem with assigned seating though. I went with a group of 20 that had 2 tables for Early seating. Even though we were right next to each other and had the same waitstaff, the other table would be done with dinner before we even had our dessert orders taken.

So I don't think it has anything to do with when your dining time is. It has everything to do with the waitstaff.

Thank you

You pick it up for Camp Carnival when you register them (or at any time during the cruise - it is hanging outside CC's door) It has the entire week down.

or from waiter to waiter.....we have done it and been very satisfied. I think it depends on the waiter, one time the first night was awful - the next night we ask to be seated on the other side of the dining room - we had great wait staff and after that we requested their station every night and only had to wait about 5 min. for a table.

Archived