sandcastle beach

piggey56

With the shuttle being round trip pricing, how does this work? Do you pay at the end when they pick you up to bring you back to the ship?

Hi,:) you pay before you go and they will give you ticket for your

payment. They have an area set up after you disembark the ship

with taxis/shuttles/etc and you will see the folks there who take

your $.

If you will want an umbrella it is best to reserve the package in advance because some days they do run out. Since you do not have to pay in advance there is no downside to reserving. We had booked in advance. A couple that arrived shortly after us without a reservation could not get an umbrella.

• 2 weeks later...

From the website, the resort and its pool appear small. I am worried that it will be crowded. It is larger than I am led to believe. It seems like a lot of people on CC are going here and I am worried that it will be overflowing with people.

Do they accept credit cards for the chairs and umbrellas or do I need to bring cash for everything?

Also, is the taxi/shuttle $6 per person or per taxi?

From the website, the resort and its pool appear small. I am worried that it will be crowded. It is larger than I am led to believe. It seems like a lot of people on CC are going here and I am worried that it will be overflowing with people.

Do they accept credit cards for the chairs and umbrellas or do I need to bring cash for everything?

Also, is the taxi/shuttle $6 per person or per taxi?

Hi,:) depends on how many ships are in port really. When I was there it

was not overflowing with people at all. It was wonderful:) The pool

is not giant but its not teeny either. The hotel itself is not like a large

highrise but a smaller resort....I would compare it to a European

style Pensionne. I would not "be worried" at all. Go and enjoy it:)

They accept both cash and credit cards and it is 6.00 per person.

Hi,:) depends on how many ships are in port really. When I was there it

was not overflowing with people at all. It was wonderful:) The pool

is not giant but its not teeny either. The hotel itself is not like a large

highrise but a smaller resort....I would compare it to a European

style Pensionne. I would not "be worried" at all. Go and enjoy it:)

They accept both cash and credit cards and it is 6.00 per person.

Thanks for your reply. I had emailed Sancastle earlier today and they responded very quickly. We are the only ship in port. Thinking about walking to the resort from the ship.

Thanks for your reply. I had emailed Sancastle earlier today and they responded very quickly. We are the only ship in port. Thinking about walking to the resort from the ship.

I see you are going on Summit. I sailed her last month:) If you are

the only ship in port then I seriously doubt it will be crowded at all.

Have a wonderful cruise:D

Do you walk along the beach or on the street? We are going next week and can easily do a mile walk, will we be able to tell pretty easily which way it is?

Hi,:) you will walk on the street and yes, you will see the name of the place outside of it.

We just got off the Adventure of the Seas on March 13 and really enjoyed going to Sandcastle Beach. It is a $6 pp round trip cost via taxi. The drive is short and some people opted to walk from the ship along the beach. There is a spectacular view of the ship from the beach. We paid $5 each for a chair that was collected by the 'Chair Mon'. Umbrellas were available too but we didn't use one. Bruno ( exPatriot from Boston) was our beach bartender and was surprised to hear that we found out about him from this website. He feels flattered and honored that we mention him and how much fun he made the day. Bruno served us buckets of Carib beer for $15 ( 5 beers ) and kept us entertained. All the chairs filled up by mid morning. The serf was rough and there are rocks and shells on the beach. It was really fun looking for shells and sea glass! We had lunch at the restaurant which was delicious. They serve burgers, salads and wraps that were reasonable priced and very, very good. There is also a smaller fresh water pool with chairs that we could have used.The taxi vans come every 20 to give you a ride back to the ship. I highly recommend Sandcastle Beach for a lovely day.

We just got off the Adventure of the Seas on March 13 and really enjoyed going to Sandcastle Beach. It is a $6 pp round trip cost via taxi. The drive is short and some people opted to walk from the ship along the beach. There is a spectacular view of the ship from the beach. We paid $5 each for a chair that was collected by the 'Chair Mon'. Umbrellas were available too but we didn't use one. Bruno ( exPatriot from Boston) was our beach bartender and was surprised to hear that we found out about him from this website. He feels flattered and honored that we mention him and how much fun he made the day. Bruno served us buckets of Carib beer for $15 ( 5 beers ) and kept us entertained. All the chairs filled up by mid morning. The serf was rough and there are rocks and shells on the beach. It was really fun looking for shells and sea glass! We had lunch at the restaurant which was delicious. They serve burgers, salads and wraps that were reasonable priced and very, very good. There is also a smaller fresh water pool with chairs that we could have used.The taxi vans come every 20 to give you a ride back to the ship. I highly recommend Sandcastle Beach for a lovely day.

Sandcastle Resort pictures

IMG_0320.jpg.e338bd814afc504666bee2ff30ad618a.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg.5a7442a417e77b06b73eefbce6417bab.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg.e4d3760831edb5b10174347ceb62e779.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg.05805d76b75e7cab49a7fa529e658a50.jpg

Hi All,

Wondering if sand shoes are needed at Sandcastle Beach? Prefer not to bring them if they are not needed.

Thanks,

Bella

Hi Bella, sand shoes??? I wear sandals when I go to the beach.

Not sure what sand shoes are though.

The pool is small, but we were at the resort all day and nobody used the pool. There were quite a few people on the beach, but I wouldn't say it was crowded. Very enjoyable day.

Love that he is getting love on this message board... he really is a great server. We request him every time we go to sandcastles.

Snorkeling is not great there as others have mentioned. Actually some of the best on the Island is under the pier where the ships dock - but they don't let you snorkel when the boats are in - you'll just have to come back another time!

Hi All,

Wondering if sand shoes are needed at Sandcastle Beach? Prefer not to bring them if they are not needed.

Thanks,

Bella

I was there last week and am glad I had water shoes when in the ocean. There is coral/large rocks in the water and your feet could have easily been cut. While we entered the water where there were no rocks the waves kept drifting us down and we had to be careful of the rocks.

When we are on a tour at the morning, is it worth it to go to sandcastle beach when the ship leaves at 05.30 pm? I wonder if the beach is near enough just to go there for 2 hours....

Thanks for help!

Summer from Germany

Archived